Cub cadet 54" series 3000 PTO.

thegreaneys

Forum Newbie
Threads
As soon as the mower is started the blades start running, the PTO switch on the dash is in the off position. If you pull the PTO sw to the on position the blades stop. I've replaced the vacuum actuator and the vacuum solenoid. The condition still exists. I've checked the state of all the switches in the static state, no power on mower not running. They all check out opens are open closed are closed and when the sw's are actuated the opens close and closed open. I'm looking for any suggestions as to what could cause this problem.

Regards,

Patrick

therockwall

Forum Newbie
Threads
You could just leave it like it is because it doesn't seem like a huge problem. Best of luck to you though.

toolman5000

Forum Newbie
Threads
As soon as the mower is started the blades start running, the PTO switch on the dash is in the off position. If you pull the PTO sw to the on position the blades stop. I've replaced the vacuum actuator and the vacuum solenoid. The condition still exists. I've checked the state of all the switches in the static state, no power on mower not running. They all check out opens are open closed are closed and when the sw's are actuated the opens close and closed open. I'm looking for any suggestions as to what could cause this problem.

Regards,

Patrick

Did you change the PTO belts recently?
If so, imitation belts sometimes cause this to happen. Get the right belts. Stens are a good replacement.
Or your idler pulleys are still touching the belts, which case that means the switch is bad or the actuator is bad

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Regards,

Patrick

A bit of back story please Patrick.
When did this start happening ?
How long have you owned the machine?
What work was carried out on it before this started to happen?
does the switch work backwards quite normally ?
can you crank the engine without the blades turning ?