KOHLER ENGINE SWAP 17 HP SINGLE CYLINDER TO A KOHLER 20 HP V-TWIN

Blaiser

Threads
  • / KOHLER ENGINE SWAP 17 HP SINGLE CYLINDER TO A KOHLER 20 HP V-TWIN
Bought a USED Craftsman LT2000 Tractor recently, The Original Tractor came with a 17 HP Engine Model #917.273140 - the original engine blew so it was replaced with a 20 HP Kohler V-Twin Engine by original owner. The NEW Engine was put on the tractor it is a KOHLER V-TWIN 20 HP - Model # CV624S - Spec # 65578. I have multiple problems - 1st Battery will not charge - 2nd Starter stays engaged even after releasing the starter switch. There is a constant Voltage still on the BLUE Wire going to starter. I've replaced the start switch and Solenoid with a BRAND NEW START SWITCH and SOLENOID but still have same problem. If I remove the BLUE Starter Switch from starter the STARTER WILL DIS-ENGAGE ONLY IF I REMOVE THE WIRE DIRECTLY.

I want to try and nip this at the BUD but want to know if this is a Wiring Harness ISSUE or something ELSE, maybe possible RELAY. There are two harnesses on the tractor, one for the engine and one for the Electric components. Where can I start to try and get this solved? Do I replace the ENGINE Wiring Harness with new or do I replace the Electrical Wiring Harness from the Tractor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It appears the wiring harnesses are not capable.

txzrider

Threads
it sounds like what you really need is the original wiring diagram for the mower as well as the wiring diagram for the new engine. When I swapped out a briggs for a briggs... I found a wiring diagram translation chart on briggs website ... it was very helpful.

Blaiser

Threads
it sounds like what you really need is the original wiring diagram for the mower as well as the wiring diagram for the new engine. When I swapped out a briggs for a briggs... I found a wiring diagram translation chart on briggs website ... it was very helpful.

Do you think a bad starter relay would keep the starter engaged, I already replaced the solenoid, thinking about replacing Starter Relay.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do you think a bad starter relay would keep the starter engaged, I already replaced the solenoid, thinking about replacing Starter Relay.

If you turn the key to off as to **** the engine off does the starter still keep turning

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Blaiser

Threads
If you turn the key to off as to **** the engine off does the starter still keep turning

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

When I try and start the engine the starter engages and the engine starts but the STARTER stays engaged which already ripped up the fork in the armiture already which was replaced. The Voltage still stays on the starter. I only way I can get it stop is shutting the engine off or by removing the blue wire on the harness attached to the red/blue wire in harness.