Oil Drain plug size on B/S

Dirtysailor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got a 2006 Yard Machine bought 2nd hand with a 13 HP B/S engine. Does anyone know the oil plug size so I can buy a pipe nipple and cap to make draining oil less messy?

jet62095

Threads
Got a 2006 Yard Machine bought 2nd hand with a 13 HP B/S engine. Does anyone know the oil plug size so I can buy a pipe nipple and cap to make draining oil less messy?

I'm guessing it's a 1/2 Inch, but I will look around tomorrow and see what I can find.

Jet

Gearjammer

Threads
Pull the plug out when you have time to take the plug to the hardware store and go from there. Measure out from the drain hole to the edge where you want to drop the oil so you can be sure the oil will fall into the waste oil pan rather than over the mower deck. Gearjammer

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do you realize this thread is 8 years old?????

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IT is 3/8 NPT
That is a tapered pipe thread.
Hardwear stores oft carry lengths of gal pipe threaded both ends.
Other that that there are dozens of "Easy Drain" type adapters that go on a short length of hose.
Most mower shops will have a 1/2 dozen of them.
I used to keep a few different ones but most new mowers now come with an easy drain of some sort.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah that plug would be all grown up by now...

Hey ..!!! some of us guys like the memory-lane nostalgia, think of it as a "refresher-course" .. :laughing:..:laughing:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do you realize this thread is 8 years old?????

YEs I did notice that.
I also noticed that JET had posted incorrect information which needed to be corrected but Boo got in first except he did not mention it is a tapered pipe thread & you can buy extenders off the shelf.
Alway good to have a closure on a thread.