economy jim dandy

BrianG

Threads
Do these tractors make good pullers. Like the 18hp or are they to light in weight.

BrianG

Threads
Thanks,they made so many and thy look like a work horse,the only thing is I am worried is the weight, it looks light. Thanks again

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had a 1416 years ago. It had liquid filled lug rear tires, twin transmissions and a 3 point. It was one serious pulling machine. While doing some logging I punctured both rear tires, they were 2 ply. I was able to find a pair of 4 ply lugs to replace them, but still had them filled. I also had a Farmall Cub, but sold both in the mid 70s when I got a Case 446 GT.
Wish I still had all of them!!!!
Mad Mackie in CT

Last edited:

BrianG

Threads
I am not far from you living in Hardwick Mass , I am a sort of a tractor freak and have been since 6 years old. I have a deere 1010 , and a 140 deere a 1050 deere and a 125 cub cadet. How is the case ,it seems to be a serious tractor hard to find ,is case a good puller.?

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi BrianG,
When I got the Case 446 in the mid 70s, it surpassed the other machines in what I needed at the time. The Case GTs evolved from Colt GTs which were hydraulic drive and Ingersoll GTs evolved from Case. The Case GT division was separate from the bigger tractors and was bought Jack Ingersoll in the early 80s. When I retired from the military in 1994 I restarted my limited lawn care business with a 1985 Ingersoll 448 and a 1989 Ingersoll 4018, both with Hydrabaggers which is a collection system hydraulically driven by the tractor. Great machines and with 8 X 16 rear tires. I did lawn care in season and snow removal in winter with both machines, a 54" plow on the 448 and a 48" snowblower on the 4018. I have since stopped doing snow removal, sold the 448, still have the 4018, both of which I had repowered over the years. I now do limited lawn care with A Scag Tiger Cub and a Hustler X-ONE with a rear discharge deck which does cemetery duty.
Mad Mackie in CT

BrianG

Threads
Good to know.there is a 444 for sale in springfield mass for 1800 with attachments . I wondered if that would be a good puller.