Please post DETAIL about your problems!

Rooster7

Threads
I joined this forum after receiving an email that it existed. I used it to get advice on mower problems. I admit that I have not been on for some time but now that I am again, I'm seeing a lot of frustration from the guys that know and want to help.

They can't help trouble shoot your problem if you don't provide detail of your machine and even more detail of your problem. This forum is awesome and we don't want to lose the guys that can help us out by expecting them to know what is going on when we don't provide them with specifics.

Thanks!

Rooster

Doc53

Forum Newbie
Threads
John Deere LA 175 lawn tractor will not start

John Deere 175 Lawn tractor Will not start, No spark at spark plugs when turned over by start.
how to check for cause of no spark.

indypower

Threads
Also need model numbers of the equipment and the engine. "Ariens 824" is NOT the model number of the snowblower. If we don't know what you have, we can not help fix it or find diagrams on it.

hunting404

Threads
Re: Not enough fuel to run smoothly

Good afternoon

Our five year old JD L130 is not getting enough fuel to run smoothly. Not sure how many hours are on it. But not a lot for its age. Used 95% of the time for cutting 1.25 acres of level lawn.
It will start with no problem but after a while it sputters. When you look at the fuel filter and it is 1/4 - 1/3 full the engin runs fine. It's when there is almost no fuel visible in the filter that it sputters. The same problem was happening last year so I replaced the Fuel pump, filter and gas cap. It was better for a while then happened again last year. It is happening again this year the first time I fired it up. Have not done the yearly tune up yet this year.
Is there any type of filter / screen at the bottom of the gas tank that could be clogged? Any advice would be great.

Have a great day
Jim

HCBPH

Threads

Good afternoon

Our five year old JD L130 is not getting enough fuel to run smoothly. Not sure how many hours are on it. But not a lot for its age. Used 95% of the time for cutting 1.25 acres of level lawn.
It will start with no problem but after a while it sputters. When you look at the fuel filter and it is 1/4 - 1/3 full the engin runs fine. It's when there is almost no fuel visible in the filter that it sputters. The same problem was happening last year so I replaced the Fuel pump, filter and gas cap. It was better for a while then happened again last year. It is happening again this year the first time I fired it up. Have not done the yearly tune up yet this year.
Is there any type of filter / screen at the bottom of the gas tank that could be clogged? Any advice would be great.

Have a great day
Jim

Another possibility is a vacuum situation where it can't pull gas from the tank. When this starts happening, loosen the gas cap and see if there's any change. May take a minute or so, but if that's the case it's usually 'change the cap'.

wcpost

Threads

Another possibility is a vacuum situation where it can't pull gas from the tank. When this starts happening, loosen the gas cap and see if there's any change. May take a minute or so, but if that's the case it's usually 'change the cap'.

I had this problem once, had trash in the line itself. New gas line and problem was fixed.

david pollard

Forum Newbie
Threads
need help with OHv's

first I must say that I am a lot better with a wrench than a keyboard. so if you have trouble with reading my post feel free to comment. I recently acquired (free) a murray lawnmower, with a 12.5 briggs@stratton with ohv . I have cleaned the fuel tank lines and carburetor. I'm missing something because It does not get gas to the plug. This is the first engine with OHV I have ever own. Could someone bring me up to speed? What have I missed?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: need help with OHv's

first I must say that I am a lot better with a wrench than a keyboard. so if you have trouble with reading my post feel free to comment. I recently acquired (free) a murray lawnmower, with a 12.5 briggs@stratton with ohv . I have cleaned the fuel tank lines and carburetor. I'm missing something because It does not get gas to the plug. This is the first engine with OHV I have ever own. Could someone bring me up to speed? What have I missed?
To verify gas isn't getting to the plug, remove the air filter and put a teaspoon of gas directly into the carburetor. If it doesn't fire and try to start remove the valve cover and check for correct valve operation. A vacuum is required to take gas from the carb to the combustion chamber.

horse189

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cub Cadet 1045 wont start

Hello all,

I have a Cub Cadet LT 1045 i bought in 2006 with a Kohler engine.

Last year, on my last mow of the year I ran out of gas. When i put more gas in it, it wouldn't start. Needless to say, i put it away until now.

The tractor will crank but not start. I changed the plug and checked the lines and I am getting gas to the carburetor. When I spray starter fluid it will start and run for a second or two. I checked the fuel solenoid and i hear the click when i turn the key. Now I am not sure what my next move should be and any help would be appreciated.

THANKS

jvarvil

Forum Newbie
Threads
You probably have the main jet stopped up in the carborator from a piece of trash. Pull the float bowl off the carborator and clean the jets. Might just have a few drops of water in the carborator. That would keep it from running. Pulling float bowl and cleaning would help that.