Need a little help

NCturkeycaller

Forum Newbie
Threads
NCturkeycaller

Mower
Woods

Need a little help
Hello all, first post here. I have a woods 6182 mow'n machine which I was told was made by grasshopper. The main deck pulley has started making noise and I figure its a bearing gone bad. I can't find a schematic for this mower online and I bought it second hand so no manual either. Can anyone tell me where I could find a part number for this pulley or maybe a cross reference for which grasshopper mower mine is modeled after? Thanks for any help.

Factotum

Forum Newbie
Threads
I own a Woods Mow'n Machine D6118 from the early 1990s. It appeared to be strikingly similar to the locally manufactured Grasshopper mowers. Looking at the Grasshopper site, the model 9061 is identical to my D6118. To verify your model, just look at the exploded parts views until you see your Woods mower. They were in fact manufactured by Grasshopper in Moundridge, KS, which is just up the road from Wichita, KS.

Most of the surburban homeowners in these parts use Grasshopper mowers, and for good reason. They are very heavy duty and will stand up to the rigors of rough terrain. My Woods is 25 years old and going strong with the Kubota D722 25 h.p. diesel.

Regards,
Factotum

Factotum

Forum Newbie
Threads
Actually, the exploded parts diagrams for the Woods mower Model 5215, which is the same mower as the Grasshopper 9061, is found at the following link:

Grasshopper Lawnmower Parts - Grasshopper Mower Parts Diagrams - The Mower Shop, Inc.

This parts business has exploded views for all of the Grasshopper mowers. I just found that my Woods mower was built by Grasshopper in 1994. The Woods manual that I found online refers to the mower as a D6118, while the model number is 5215 Mow'n Machine, and Grasshopper cross reference is 9061. There, now I know!!

Regards,
Factotum