Anyone else have a Gizmow ?

58jeff

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not mine but my wife's , 60" zero turn with a steering wheel 12" bar tires in the rear 27 HP twin
she mows 25 acres now - hilly former farm fields in Virginia - looks like a park now 400 + hours with no real problems ( most were dealer created ) great tech's at the factory helped me out
I have been lurking in the background due to a slow dial up connection but no longer, 3G wheeee
JJ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not mine but my wife's , 60" zero turn with a steering wheel 12" bar tires in the rear 27 HP twin
she mows 25 acres now - hilly former farm fields in Virginia - looks like a park now 400 + hours with no real problems ( most were dealer created ) great tech's at the factory helped me out
I have been lurking in the background due to a slow dial up connection but no longer, 3G wheeee
JJ

Yes, I do have a "Gizmo"...not worth a darn for mowing but a wonderful pet...honest, that IS his name...:laughing:

Attachments

• 107.jpg
    107.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 40

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
... in the background due to a slow dial up connection but no longer, 3G wheeee
JJ

Hey 58jeff... good to have you here...
now use that 3G up and post more including some pics of your mower... :smile:KennyV

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've never heard of the brand but it's a very clever name. Please post a photo... and welcome.

demhustler

Threads
JJ

are they still in business?

noma

Threads
Welcome aboard 58jeff

Hope to hear a lot more from you,there is a lot going on here so welcome aboard again. I know where you are coming from with your slow dial-up been down that road to,i think its just part of rural living and we love it. later

173abn

Threads
welcome jj,lets see this Gizmow.Know what you mean about dialup.That's a lot of acreage to mow.Does she do it for fun or as a business? russ

demhustler

Threads
neet midmount ztr with regular dual hydrostatic drive integrated with steerable (not caster) front wheels
been on the market earlier than resent cub cadet ztt and tankS -like systems
site Gizmow Formula
[video]http://www.gizmow.com/video1.htm[/video]

Gizmow pros: better stability and traction (if on regular ztr one wheel got in mud and lost traction, mower would spin around it like tank without one track (unless someone will keep nose of mower (and caster wheels) pointed in direction of travel; with integrated steering you point front wheels like on car or regular, not ztr, mower but with wider angle (180 degree), which allows zero turn.

Gizmow cons: more complex, heavy, slow (only 10mph vs 12-18mph of industry leading MFGs); more weight on front; on tight spots you have to spin steering wheel a lot back an force, while on regular ztrs - only slightly move levers; reliability concerns; maintenance; cost (price)

Attachments

• gizmow sd.JPG
    gizmow sd.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 39
  • cc mtd_allrounder_under.jpg
    cc mtd_allrounder_under.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 35
  • CCC_TANK%20S%20D.jpg
    CCC_TANK%20S%20D.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 42

JasonB

Threads
I looked over a Gizmow ZTR at a lawn maintence trade show once, neat looking machine with a steering wheel and all.. but I have not yet seen anyone in area running a Gizmow. I am sure thoses who dislike levers will enjoy the Gizmow with the steering wheel.

Anyone run one of those Cub Cadet ZTRs with the steering wheel? How did you like them.

FarmerCharlie

Threads
Last year I thought about getting one of these, because I have a pond, and I'm afraid to mow the slope of the dam with either my bush hog or my Cub Cadet SLT1554. I hate the Cadet, because even with that Great big engine, it's slow, and is bad about clogging with grass. I couldn't find anyone locally who had a Gizmow, so I decided to stick with the Cadet for the summer. Well, yesterday, I did my first cutting of the year. I had to clean out the deck a half dozen times. Then the belt finally came off again. So I'm fed up again, and back looking for a new mower. The nearest Gizmow dealer is 50 miles away, and he doesn't keep them in stock.

I sure wish someone with experience using a Gizmow would post a review. It looks like just what I need, but it's a lot of money to spend on something sight unseen.