Anyone else have a Gizmow ?

lnwing

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, after attempting to order some parts, my dealer and distributor just confirmed that my Gizmow is officially an orphan, as the company is supposedly bankrupt. This isn't fun!!

Does anyone know of any parts stashes available? I need to replace/rebuild the steering shaft, and possibly one of the main control cables. A good fabricator can probably rebuild the shaft, but finding the correct cable has me worried.

This has been a rugged machine that has done everything asked of it, but I wouldn't touch one now!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Control cables are not a problem...
Just need to know length, what diameter and what fixture is needed on the ends...
If you have any industrial suppliers in your area, they can make you any type control cable. :smile:KennyV

lnwing

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks KennyV. I'll be searching for/visiting industrial suppliers.

Arjan Wild

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I just placed a new question on this forum.

Can you please help me out with some pictures from the 12 V mowdeck lift actuator?

My mower is missing the lift actuator. I can't see where it belongs.....

Maybe you can also inform me with the part number of this adjuster.

Thanks in advance,

Arjan Wild, The Netherlands.....

FarmerCharlie

Threads
Hello,

I just placed a new question on this forum.
Can you please help me out with some pictures from the 12 V mowdeck lift actuator?
Thanks in advance,

I will try to look later this afternoon to see if I can get a picture. I also have my service and parts manuals, if that would be of use to you.
I still love this beast. I have had it about eight years, and I have never had to have it repaired--other than belts and a $1.00 link for the broken steering chain. I wish they would start making them again.

As for ordering the part, that may be a problem. Most of the engine and hydraulic parts are the same for many of the commercial mowers, but the deck may be specific to the Gizmow. I believe the models marketed in Europe were different from the U.S. versions, but the deck parts may be the same.
Charles

Last edited:

FarmerCharlie

Threads
Hello,
I found the actuator in my parts manual. It's Part Number H18126 (LIFT ACTUATOR).
I think I have the image attached.
I'll also try to get an actual image if I can find it on the mower. You probably won't find the part listed anywhere, but the Gizmow manufacturer had previously built lawn mower components for some of the other ZTR commercial mowers like Great Dane and Scagg I believe, so the part could be the same as one of those.
View attachment 45293

Attachments

• DeckLiftGroup.jpg
    DeckLiftGroup.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 6

FarmerCharlie

Threads
Hello,
[...]
I made a video of the actuator working here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lFzsQT9Kuw
It's hard to get a view of the actuator from this angle, but maybe someone could tell us if it looks the same as an actuator from a Great Dane, Scagg, or other mowers.

Hankins 78

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just recently traded for a gizmow 61 anyone on here have turning issues and a possible solution in wondering if tires with tread will help or possibly adding weight to front end will help thanks

Hankins 78

Forum Newbie
Threads
I made a video of the actuator working here:
It's hard to get a view of the actuator from this angle, but maybe someone could tell us if it looks the same as an actuator from a Great Dane, Scagg, or other mowers.
You still have a gizmow?

FarmerCharlie

Threads
You still have a gizmow?
I still have it and still think it's the best mower ever made. But it is over 10 years old now, and little things do go wrong. Things like switches, connectors, etc. It has still never had to have any repairs that I can't handle myself. This has been pretty impressive--especially considering that I tend to abuse my equipment and often postpone routine maintenance. They should start making them again.