New Guy Checking In

GrassAttack

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone new guy from East TN checking in. I am just starting out on the commercial side of mowing and have a HD45 48" cut walk behind hydro, and use Stihl power tools. I have a few questions to ask about my mower from hopefully a skilled JD guy. The engine is a 14hp Kaw and it's leaking oil right above the oil drain where the engine splits. Is this the oil pan and how can I fix it? I have another 14hp Kaw, should I just bolt it on? Also the engine is pull start but the deck is PTO and right now I'm using a stand alone battery to engage the PTO for the blades. Does this motor have a charging system on it that will run the PTO? Thanks in advance and glad to be here. I am also a member at other lawn forums and would like to share what knowledge I have when possible.

okiepc

Threads
:welcome: to the forum, glad you joined, a lot of good information here, someone will answer your questions soon. :thumbsup:

Grasmo

Threads
:welcome: to the forum, glad you joined, a lot of good information here, someone will answer your questions soon. :thumbsup:

The engine should have 3 wires exiting the front , from under the engine shroud...a small diameter white wire.... (this one is the Kill wire)......the other two(larger diameter) send current to the voltage regulator and from there the voltage regulator sends it to the ignition switch ,which in turn should send the voltage to the key switch...which will redirect it to the blade switch , and then to the pto clutch..... I hope this helps you ......I am having a tough time figuring out how to make a single wire stator run into my stock hd45 wiring harness .......I believe that my new kawasaki fs481v has an internal regulator and my old OEM 14k series was externally regulated and that it was integrated into the OEM wiring harness as well as the safety switches.....UGHHHH!!!!!