Which Back-Pack Blower

BWH

Threads
Looking to upgrade from my older standard Stihl blower and get into a good back-pack style blower. Any advise any Stihl units better / worse that the other. I have an unusual amount of concrete with the largest being 50'x75' plus a couple hundred of drive 15' wide. Mostly blowing pine needles, sticks, dirt & clippings, just trying to cut down my blowing time!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looking to upgrade from my older standard Stihl blower and get into a good back-pack style blower. Any advise any Stihl units better / worse that the other. I have an unusual amount of concrete with the largest being 50'x75' plus a couple hundred of drive 15' wide. Mostly blowing pine needles, sticks, dirt & clippings, just trying to cut down my blowing time!

I'm a Stihl Fan and if I were going to upgrade to a Back Pack or any Back Pack and with what you are trying to remove I'd say go with the BR 600 magnum. The key to any blower and that many people do not understand is the difference between CFM and MPH. CFM is or means( Cubic Feet per Minute of Air Flow) of the blower, the higher the CFM the more air flow it produces.
The BR 600 Magnun is 712 CFM which means that every minute there is 712 cubic feet of air volume is pushed through the end of the nozzle.
There are a lot of company's that sell blowers by misleading the public, they make you think you're getting something that your not and it's not that there lying about the blowers speed they just mislead the public on how a blower works for there sales. So don't be fooled by there mph ratings of there blowers it doesn't really mean a whole lot.

Last edited:

BWH

Threads
Thanks Ric, I appreciate the info and will definitely check into the BR 600 Magnum. I too am a Stihl fan mostly familiar with chain saws but do have a trimmer and hand held blower.

BAMP

Forum Newbie
Threads
Im a stihl guy too.I use the BR600 backpack and it works great and cuts clean up times.

BWH

Threads
Looks like the BR600 is getting nothing but great reviews!

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
BR 600, nice machine, I'm very pleased with mine, use it frequently.:thumbsup:
I did my research and found that the BR600 was the lightest machine with the most airflow (CFM).
The BR600 and similar models have a Stihl 4Mix engine which is a 4 stroke but still uses a 2 stroke fuel/oil mix. Lighter and quieter that all or most blowers in the same class. I also have a Stihl KM 90 power head and use several attachments, string trimmer, hedge trimmer, trimmer saw with it. It has the same type engine as the BR600.
These units are 50 states usable and have a spark arrestor screen mounted on the muffler. This screen is mandatory in California only. Some operators remove this screen and I have removed mine.
Mad Mackie in CT

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like the BR600 is getting nothing but great reviews!

That's because it's one of the best blowers on the market, Has a five star rating.:thumbsup: