The roll bar is done on my rig - GONE

fishbone

Threads
That bar is a major hazard. Insane.
Looking at the front wheels at eye level takes the starch out of ya. Need a few minutes to gather up your stuff after one of those.

fishbone

Threads
The answer to the question of how to get the bar off is elbow grease.
I used an adjustable on the nut (because it was handy) and a socket on the bolt. A large box wrench looped on the socket wrench handle gave me the leverage needed. A pipe would have been better. Those suckers are tight. The fine thread makes it very tight.
Now if my shed rolls over, I'll be in good shape because it has a roll-over-bar in it.:laughing:
Let us know how you make out with yours, Duckman.

Mid TN Lawn

Threads
The answer to the question of how to get the bar off is elbow grease. I used an adjustable on the nut (because it was handy) and a socket on the bolt. A large box wrench looped on the socket wrench handle gave me the leverage needed. A pipe would have been better. Those suckers are tight. The fine thread makes it very tight. Now if my shed rolls over, I'll be in good shape because it has a roll-over-bar in it.:laughing: Let us know how you make out with yours, Duckman.
I had the very disturbing sight of seeing a man laying dead earlier this year because of not having rops and seatbelt he worked for five star lawn and was mowing goodlettsville,Tn off ramp on i-65 you can google and read channel 5 news reports on such he was 24 i think and had a young son. We had a second man killed same week worked for Franklin,TN parks dept was on a small hill rolled mower over and died no rops no seatbelt and he was 25 year operator. You guys make your own decision but i make all wear seatbelts and rops locked. Walk behinds are for under trees and pond banks.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I had the very disturbing sight of seeing a man laying dead earlier this year because of not having rops and seatbelt he worked for five star lawn and was mowing goodlettsville,Tn off ramp on i-65 you can google and read channel 5 news reports on such he was 24 i think and had a young son. We had a second man killed same week worked for Franklin,TN parks dept was on a small hill rolled mower over and died no rops no seatbelt and he was 25 year operator. You guys make your own decision but i make all wear seatbelts and rops locked. Walk behinds are for under trees and pond banks.

Thank's for the PM Mid TN Lawn. You'll find Like Rivets said most ZTR accidents will be caused by an inexperienced and non-observant operator and it can be a commercial operator as well as a residential operator, just because we are so called professionals doesn't give us an edge on the mowing game. However I believe like some here that seat belts and the Rops can be and are dangerous and I believe should be left up to the person buying the machine if he wants the things or not.
You mention all these accidents with people dying and I'm sorry to hear that but I'd be willing to bet that the greatest majority of those where cause by putting the mower into a position or cutting somewhere the mower should have never been in the first place, like on your off ramp incident which was likely more than the mowers recommended 15 degree capability. Again probably caused by an inexperienced and non-observant operator like Rivets said. The biggest suggestion That I can tell or give to people and that 90% never do when they but A ZTR is
18068-roll-bar-done-my-rig-gone-rtfm-jpg
Know your mower inside and out before you ever sit down on the seat and start that engine. It will save you a lot of heartaches. BTW if you don't want seat belts and a Rops on your ZTR and you want a commercial mower they do make them without, There called s Stander.

Raw Dodge

Threads
Amazing just a few years ago I bought my 2 zero turns new and they were fine without a ROPS bar, now those same machines are dangerous! I understand tractors needing them, they have the weight to kill someone easily..but a zero turn mower? They are more likley to cause a roll over than to save you in the event of one.What's the world coming to..next thing you know shopping carts will need flashing lights and a ROPS bar and seat belt for your toddler ....the average shopping Cart can weigh hundreds of pounds easily..

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Amazing just a few years ago I bought my 2 zero turns new and they were fine without a ROPS bar, now those same machines are dangerous! I understand tractors needing them, they have the weight to kill someone easily..but a zero turn mower? They are more likley to cause a roll over than to save you in the event of one.What's the world coming to..next thing you know shopping carts will need flashing lights and a ROPS bar and seat belt for your toddler ....the average shopping Cart can weigh hundreds of pounds easily..

Shopping carts do have seat belts for the toddler... :) I use it all the time mostly to hold them down

SgRacing

Forum Newbie
Threads
I understand tractors needing them, they have the weight to kill someone easily..but a zero turn mower? .

My Kubota ZD326 Zero Turn weight is over 1700lbs... just saying.

Raw Dodge

Threads
My Dixie Chopper XXWD 5000 is 1870lbs..bought it new..no ROPS

redfish9

Threads
It's been nice knowing you

Raw Dodge

Threads
I grew up without a seat belt and car seat..amazingly I'm still alive.. I think I'll take my chances the first 8 seasons I managed to not flip it..