Welcome to the Bigger & Better (Mower Modifications & Customizations) Forum!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Bigger & Better (Mower Modifications & Customizations) Forum!
Hi Everybody,

We are pleased to add our first new forum... I figured the title Bigger & Better was appropriate for the place to discuss modifications, customizations and home-built mower equipment.

Hopefully this section will see some great projects... post away! :thumbsup:

telephoneman

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Bigger & Better (Mower Modifications & Customizations) Forum!
Re: Welcome to the Bigger & Better (Mower Modifications & Customizations) Forum!

Looks to be a great site.Hope to learn and give back often.

bruce0777

Threads
Re: Welcome to the Bigger & Better (Mower Modifications & Customizations) Forum!

I have always wanted to run dual wheels on my cub cadet 1204 , but always had to take off the mower deck to ba able to install the outer wheels. I needed to help my daughter clear some land she just bought deep in the woods I would get stuck in some spots. So I took it back home pulled the deck off, and took my grinder and ground off the wheels on the back of the deck and rewelded them right back on the deck but on the inside track of the back wheels and then I was able to install the duals with the cutting deck too. I also installed 300 pounds of suit case weights on the rear hitch, so now she will pull or go about anywhere. I bought two sets of the dual bar bumpers and welded one on top of the other to make a grill for the front so I can plow threw alot of brush and small trees very easy now. It is way out of the lawn mower class now, and high in the small tractor class. they sure built them tough and strong enough back then thats for sure......Thanks for this site and your stories always good to read.....Bruce

Last edited:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

Bruce... WELCOME to a great site and you are right! The old Cub Cadet was VERY well built... Here is a link to a home made front loader put on a 1204, very nice job and some great pictures on tractorbynet.com...
Cub Cadet Homemade Front Loader Finished - TractorByNet.com
:smile:KennyV

bruce0777

Threads

Bruce... WELCOME to a great site and you are right! The old Cub Cadet was VERY well built... Here is a link to a home made front loader put on a 1204, very nice job and some great pictures on tractorbynet.com...
Cub Cadet Homemade Front Loader Finished - TractorByNet.com
:smile:KennyV

Thanks for the link to the home made front end loader. I have most of the steel sitting beside my workshop to start one myself but time does not allow right now.....