Folding my handle for transport

URRSwede

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have rehabbed my 26 year old Snapper Hi-Vac 21401P (self Propelled) to give to my daughter. Everything runs fine now and all belts and springs and idlers replaced. All Clean. Repainted! Now to Transport 300 miles.

How do I fold or lay down my self propelled mower handle for easy storage in a car trunk? I'm going to try to "bag" the unit (or at least the engine) to keep smells of oil and fuel at bay.

:smile:

Dave

combatcarl

Threads
That's love, right there. 300 mi for a mower delivery. I'd pull the handle off completely and reassemble at destination. Pics!!

URRSwede

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's love, right there. 300 mi for a mower delivery. I'd pull the handle off completely and reassemble at destination. Pics!!

I had hoped some dealer setup guy would come to my rescue. Ultimately I figured to disassemble the handle at the first joint and disconnect the rod that powers the linkage to the driven disk location. There is a little 90 degree clip at that point. I will take pictures for her and write a narrative.The drive actuator and the throttle control are both flexible and should move easily...I hope. Actually it is going 500 miles...she is meeting me partway! You would think that along the way this would have become a common question that got included in the manual. MY snapper lived in PA for 26 years and is moving in its retirement (from my house) to a new house and lawn in NC. In a few years my new Snapper will also move south!:smile:

afoulk

Threads
that's how I transported my 35 yr old snapper when I bought it, unbolted the handle bar, removed the speed selection lever, and left the throttle cable attached, then layed the handle bar next to the mower in the back of my Scion xb.