Briggs and Stratton 675 Pressure Washer Leaking Oil

Remer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the same pressure washer with the same oil leaking problem. I have removed the pressure washer pump bolts, how do I remove the pump from the motor shaft?

rpglennj

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Briggs and Stratton 675 Pressure Washer Leaking Oil
I have the same pressure washer with the same oil leaking problem. I have removed the pressure washer pump bolts, how do I remove the pump from the motor shaft?

I took a hammer and gently tapped it loose from the shaft.

rpglennj

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just finished all the work on the motor and it seems to be a success. I ran it for a good 15 Minutes after putting everything back together and I do not see any oil leaking. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Here are some pictures of the process and some things that I noted:

Here you can see a good shot of the bottom of the head after I took the motor off the stand and flipped it over. Looks like some oil leaking;
View attachment 15191

Here you can see that bottom bolt on the head where it looked like it was leaking. This bolt was definetly not torqued and pretty loose:
View attachment 15192

Here is the sump after i took it off:
View attachment 15193

Here it is after I cleaned it up:
View attachment 15194

Head Shot:
View attachment 15195

Internals shot:
View attachment 15196

Here you can see where i think the breather was leaking:
View attachment 15197

I also found that where I think it was leaking from the sump gasket that bolt to be real loose as well. Also one of the breather assemb bolts was loose and looks like oil was leaking from it. In all 3 cases the bolt shafts were covered in oil and the threads too. I cleaned it all up with carb cleaner, put new gaskets on the exhaust, breather, head and sump. Also put a new crank shaft seal. Re-torqued in 1/3s. Put her all back together, filled her up with oil and a little gas and she fired right up and ran great. Looked for oil leaking and did not see any. I could only run for about 15 Min because it started to rain but hopefully all is good.

Thanks again for all your help. It helped a lot. I hope this thread will help out someone with a similar problem in the future

Jon

Where did you get the gasket for the sump? I’m having trouble sourcing it for this model after multiple searches. When I pulled mine apart, it was a very thin one, almost like an RTV sealant, and had to be scraped off the mating surfaces.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Locate your model number, it's on the metal housing under the plastic "beauty" cover. either above the spark plug, or above the muffler.