Why does my mower produce a lot of fumes?

Coca Kohler

Threads
My 1985 opposed twin briggs always produces a lot of fumes and they are mainly noticeable when I put it away in the workshop. I don't know whether its normal but I have a 1992 single cylinder briggs which can be put on the workshop without it killing me with fumes. The exhaust in the opposed is always thick with a black powder. I serviced it in February so I don't think it needs another tune up.

impalass

Threads
My 1985 opposed twin briggs always produces a lot of fumes and they are mainly noticeable when I put it away in the workshop. I don't know whether its normal but I have a 1992 single cylinder briggs which can be put on the workshop without it killing me with fumes. The exhaust in the opposed is always thick with a black powder. I serviced it in February so I don't think it needs another tune up.

Mixture is too rich.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mixture is too rich.

This really does not tell him much.

I would get some sea foam and do as its says on the can.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Coca Kohler

Threads
I cleaned the carb out and put a rebuild kit in it not to long ago. But where about is the air screw on the opposed twins to change the mixture.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The high speed just on the opposed engine is a non adjustable fixed jet. some engine had an idle mixture adjustment screw which was located about half way down on the carb, on the side facing away from the engine. some engines also had a fixed jet there as well, so you may not have an adjustments available. If one of the air passages is plugged it can cause rich running,