Recoil broken???

dukerocks

Threads
I have a Weed Eater, FB25, gas blower. The recoil cord has been pulled all the way out and will not recoil. Is it jammed or does the spring need to be replaced? What should I be looking at to repair or replace. Thanks

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a Weed Eater, FB25, gas blower. The recoil cord has been pulled all the way out and will not recoil. Is it jammed or does the spring need to be replaced? What should I be looking at to repair or replace. Thanks

This blower does this all the time I have 3 that I just tossed in a corner

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

dukerocks

Threads
Is it really that difficult to repair? I have more time than money! I'll have to wait for further input. Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Never did a blower recoil but repair several mower recoils a year in my shop. Either you can repair the old recoil spring or replace it. Just take it apart and you can see its a easy fix.

dukerocks

Threads
Yeh, I just did that - no problem. The part is very inexpensive. My only problem, does this happen quite often? Would not want this to be a continous problem. Any more experience with this blower out there? Thanks

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like I said I threw the ones I had in a corner.

They all have new part on them.
They have always done this and always will so order two at a time so you won't have to wait next time

possum

Threads
I know at least 3 people that have those blowers. They have never broken a recoil. I hear the same thing about the weedtrimmers, but those are all over town and work good. Is it just the really new ones that suck so bad? Is it a region thing? I have almost bought one of the blowers half a dozen times but remember what I have heard about the recoils LOL.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know at least 3 people that have those blowers. They have never broken a recoil. I hear the same thing about the weedtrimmers, but those are all over town and work good. Is it just the really new ones that suck so bad? Is it a region thing? I have almost bought one of the blowers half a dozen times but remember what I have heard about the recoils LOL.

My wife loves the feather lite trimmer.
Walmart does not sell them any more.
I got her one of the Murray's they sell now it runs good as long as you don't touch grass with it.
It's like putting a 4cyl in a big truck runs good until you try to move

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Like I said I threw the ones I had in a corner.

They all have new part on them.
They have always done this and always will so order two at a time so you won't have to wait next time

My family has a habit of buying weed eater brand stuff and home light. And they have a habit of bringing them to me when they die. The recoil has been an easy one so far I just have to hit it with a hammer and spray white lithuim greese untill it is seeping out and walla.

I have issues with them not mixing gas right I have two trimmer on my wall where they put hardly any 2 cycle oil in. I have not and prbably will not fix them I told them to just make the small investment in an echo its not even that much more money. The blower my grandmother has did in fact do the recoil thing it seems like the spring just gets dry and dirty if you do it proper take it all the way apart and grease the while spring with marine greese and get a new rope while your at it put it together. Do not pull it to the end this just causes problems