Concrete edgers

msaeger

Threads
Anyone got some tips for installing concrete edgers? I am circling my house with these and it is a pain to put them in. I have been digging a trench then putting them in and filling back in the sides.

snapsstorer

Threads
depending on what you want to show for yourself, yes it is hard work, but if done right it save's time of having to repair it in 2 years or in 10-15 years. 1.The proper way that i was told is to dig out from your house the distance plus 3" to a depth of 4 ". 2. put in a 2" sand base and tamp it by hand. 3. put down a weed block barrier(the better the barrier, the longer it lasts). 4. run the block around the house, and insure that it is the distance you want it out from the house. 5. back fill first, as you complete 1 block distance, measure it again to insure that your block did not move out on you. put a stake in just below the ground level on the outside. 6. then front fill that block. then continue on that way. REMEMBER, if you do it right the first time, you do not have to redo it for a while, like maybe 10 years, depending on your weed block material. JUST saying that was how i was told to do it properly. unless some a professional on this site has the better instructions for this task. you can also try youtube-ing it

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
depending on what you want to show for yourself, yes it is hard work, but if done right it save's time of having to repair it in 2 years or in 10-15 years. 1.The proper way that i was told is to dig out from your house the distance plus 3" to a depth of 4 ". 2. put in a 2" sand base and tamp it by hand. 3. put down a weed block barrier(the better the barrier, the longer it lasts). 4. run the block around the house, and insure that it is the distance you want it out from the house. 5. back fill first, as you complete 1 block distance, measure it again to insure that your block did not move out on you. put a stake in just below the ground level on the outside. 6. then front fill that block. then continue on that way. REMEMBER, if you do it right the first time, you do not have to redo it for a while, like maybe 10 years, depending on your weed block material. JUST saying that was how i was told to do it properly. unless some a professional on this site has the better instructions for this task. you can also try youtube-ing it

Sounds good to me except the weed block is a waste to me. If weeds popped up on me I would just spray some round up