Would you rather mow, or clear snow?

Lawnpro1969

Threads
I would rather mow grass it is warmer easier work. Normal day mowing for me is 14 - 16 hours long day but not bad I've done it for 24 years. Plowing snow is easy work but we don't get the snow we did years ago. Also as you get older the cold bothers you more. Plus a normal day plowing say 6 inches of snow is about 20 hours in the truck. Couple years ago we had a snow storm that left over 2 feet of snow my 1st shift in the truck was 36 hours straight. Went home slept for 2 or 3 hours then back out in the truck. I guess my main complaint is that it is just boring as hell spending that much time in the truck. With just a radio to listen to and no one to talk to

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

poncho62

Threads
Just came in from mulching up leaves with the JD....Dont know why, but I enjoy that.

Bison

Threads
dumb post:thumbdown::smiley_aafz:
I'll apologize for this, not typically how we welcome new members.
Hope that's not your wife or girlfriend, she looks like a nice girl.

Don't get your panties in a wad,it was meant as a joke :tongue:

N the other hand,you're just as rude by saying "nice girl" and i hope it ain't your wife or GF:rolleyes:,
What does that suggest eh ?:eek:

Mower manic

Threads
Don't get your panties in a wad,it was meant as a joke :tongue:

N the other hand,you're just as rude by saying "nice girl" and i hope it ain't your wife or GF:rolleyes:,
What does that suggest eh ?:eek:

I didn't say she was a nice girl, I said she looked like a nice girl.
And why are you mentioning my panties? You can stop with the pantie comments anytime....I'm open minded and all that...lets not go there anymore...OK?
Anyway wickedgood hasn't been back since.

RM88

Forum Newbie
Threads
No question about it... mow!

cottom

Threads
All summer long I gripe about the mowing I have to do, and the expense of burning diesel fuel and gasoline at $3 a gallon, and all the work involved in taking care of a 5 acre yard, plus a huge garden...and then after putting away the mowing and trimming equipment, I gripe about not being able to play with my snow removal toys.

The grass always grows, except in severe drought, but the snow removal chores are dependent upon the whims of the weather. I spend a lot of time preparing my equipment for the white stuff, and it's a letdown when I can't use anything. Still, when a blizzard hits, I will probably gripe about getting all the snow at once.

Given your pick, would you rather push a mower or shovel snow? Or would you rather drive your lawn tractor cutting the green stuff or moving the white stuff? I honestly don't know which I prefer, however, grass always grows, but if you wait long enough, the snow will finally disappear....:biggrin:

I've got an acre of lawn, well defined with concrete walks and porches. I shovel the snow from these sidewalks and the main porch we use. The rest of it I use the Oklahoma Approach, "The Good Lord giveith, the Good Lord will take it back." Of course here in central Indiana we haven't had a real blizzard in 30 or more years. I have a CC 2042 bladed, weighted and chained just in case though.

lbrett

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would actually prefer to clear snow just because the weather is a lot better to bear with that soaking under the sun to mow the lawn.

NJsnapper

Threads
considering i don't get to snow blow too much I think I d rather do that then cut lawn in 90+ temps right now.. But i enjoy both

valkyrie1

Threads
HI
I live in mi and I like to be out side and playing with my toy"s I have . winter or summer :smile: