I hit a brick

Granny712

Forum Newbie
Threads
Craftsman push mower, I hit a brick while mowing the mower stopped immediately, the pull cord will not pull now, after reading some suggestions, I have checked for built up grass, and tried to manually to move the blade, it seems very stiff to me, a couple times I have been able to pull the cord enough to spin the blade but not start it, but for the most part it just won't pull, I'm a widow, and having to learn all kinds of new stuff, any suggestions?

silver1

Threads
Craftsman push mower, I hit a brick while mowing the mower stopped immediately, the pull cord will not pull now, after reading some suggestions, I have checked for built up grass, and tried to manually to move the blade, it seems very stiff to me, a couple times I have been able to pull the cord enough to spin the blade but not start it, but for the most part it just won't pull, I'm a widow, and having to learn all kinds of new stuff, any suggestions?

You may have bent or broken parts for the blade or key way on the engine.
If you remove the spark plug it will be easier to pull and safer to check out
the blade movement.

impalass

Threads
It would seen that you bent the crankshaft so you would need a new crankshaft or buy a mower.

benski

Threads
I'll guess that you've either sheared the flywheel key off the crank, or bent the crankshaft, both of which are probably beyond your level of expertise to fix.:frown: Time for a newer mower. One last ditch thought comes to mind; if you've REALLY bent the blade, it may be contacting the mower deck. A new blade may fix the problem, but I'll bet you've got one or both of the first two issues I've mentioned.

TheCaffeinatedOne

Threads
Whatever you do, keep your hands out from underneath that thing if you haven't disconnected the spark plug yet.
The last thing you need is to have it fire and spin the blade where your knuckle used to be.