Spring broke on self propelled snapper mower

cpamieta

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got a fairly new mower, just one years old and recently I ran over a stick and all of the sudden I lost the drive in the mower. I notice that the end where the cable connects near the front wheels was broken off. I tried looking but I could not find out where the broken spring broke from. Here are some pictures . Is there any way to fix this, or at least make it so when I start the mower to have the wheels turn without the need of the cable?

6ohhlj.jpg

shillnav

Threads
I have taken broken springs and bend a piece and make it usable............. It then changes the way it works due to it being shorter so you have to stretch it to compensate............ Those springs are very hard, very stiff, and can sometimes break if you try and bend them...................

Easiest and best solution - buy a new cable.
Go to partstree.com............. Type in make and model and diagrams will come up and show you the cable and everything else.

johnrg

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am having the exact same problem. Did you buy a new center head assembly or bend the spring?

What does the spring attach to?

Snapper SPV22725HW (model 7800831)

cpamieta

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey I just fixed it last week, but I didn't buy anything. I still don't know where the spring connects to, but what I did was drill a small hole on the side of the black box(you can see the box in the picture i upload). There was a small plastic piece sticking out of the wheel motor, or w/e it is, so I drilled a hole there and bent the spring to fit it inside the hole. It seems to fix it. The key is when you pull in the accelerator, or w/e it is called, that it pulls up that back box. When it pulls up the black box, the drive belt gets tighter which then causes the wheels to turn. If that does not work, you can always get a smaller belt, but then the wheels will be turning all the time. Make sure you don't drill into the black box since it seems like there might be oil or something inside.
Let me know if you still need help.