Craftsman 48" Lawn Tractor making a loud whinning noise until i push in the brake.

lenlee

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman 48" Lawn Tractor making a loud whinning noise until i push in the brake.
Craftsman 48" Lawn Tractor making a loud whinning noise until i push in the brake.

I have a Craftsman 48" Lawn Tractor Model # 917.27684 24HP Electric Start with Auto Trans. It is making a loud whinning noise until i push in the brake. When i put a slight amount of pressure on the brake pedal, the noise will go away. I just put a new Sears drive belt on this mower last year. The noise seems to be coming from the front pully area under the motor. Any help or tips would be great!

GentlemanFahmah

Threads
  • / Craftsman 48" Lawn Tractor making a loud whinning noise until i push in the brake.
Re: Craftsman 48" Lawn Tractor making a loud whinning noise until i push in the brake

Buy a spray can of "belt dressing" at the auto parts store and spray the inside surface of the belt and front pulley area with it. If possible, do it while it's running (jack up rear in gear) so you cover the whole belt.

205-8079.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Craftsman 48" Lawn Tractor making a loud whinning noise until i push in the brake

I have a Craftsman 48" Lawn Tractor Model # 917.27684 24HP Electric Start with Auto Trans. It is making a loud whinning noise until i push in the brake. When i put a slight amount of pressure on the brake pedal, the noise will go away. I just put a new Sears drive belt on this mower last year. The noise seems to be coming from the front pully area under the motor. Any help or tips would be great!

Check the idler pulleys on the drive belt. You have a idler going bad.