Craftsman Triimer - Trigger Won't Move, Run/Start Lever Won't Either

20Dukes11

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman Triimer - Trigger Won't Move, Run/Start Lever Won't Either
Hi all,

Just moved into a rental property where the previous tenant left some lawn equipment behind - sweet! One of these included items is a Craftsman trimmer. The problem is, neither the trigger NOR the Run/Start lever used to actually start the trimmer will engage/depress/function/whatever. Any thoughts on where I should start as far as diagnosing this problem? If it helps, here's a link to the trimmer's manual, I believe.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...s-TRIMMER-manual?pathRender=fromManualTabPage

Thanks!

Sam

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Craftsman Triimer - Trigger Won't Move, Run/Start Lever Won't Either
dukes, I will take a stab based upon my Ryobi. The trigger mechanism is fragile at best. I would start at the carb end . You may have to take off the plastic shroud. Check the cable hookup from the trigger-does it actuate? While you're there clean the foam? aircleaner. If the trigger still binds you can go in...mine came apart with some phillips head screws at the trigger-clamshell opens and exposes ignition sw wiring and "mickey mouse" trigger internals. At best I found this a PIA. Good luck.