Am I crazy or am I just a LB nut?

franchi

Threads
Hi:

The other day I drove 150 miles to buy a LB mower. The trip took 3 hours to and three hours back and the cost was:

$125.00 for the mower

$24.00 turnpike fees

$50.00 for gasoline

What I purchased was a LB 19" model 5247 serial number 94078468. The mower had all of the attachments and was in great shape. I like the 19" mowers for trimming the yard.

This is the one that I haad starting issues with earlier today. It is running like a LB should now!

In any case, how many of you would make that trip for a LB in great shape. Oh yes, I have been searching for a long time for this model of LB.

Opinions?

Franchi

mowerman05

Threads
I go farther for a lot of stuff I purchase. Just how bad did you want it? really bad is my guess but nothing wrong with that.:drink:

impalass

Threads
I go farther for a lot of stuff I purchase. Just how bad did you want it? really bad is my guess but nothing wrong with that.:drink:

I love my LB 8237 self-propel lawnmowers. I paid 40 and 80 dollars for them. On one of them i changed the 3 seals for a cost of 25 dollars. Now i can put to rest my 8232 LB with the D engine. I also have 2 push LB mowers 5126 and s21zpr.
i also had 2 5124 LB one with a d engine which i took apart and saved the housing and the other 5124 with a F engine i gave to my son. I use synthetic 2 stroke oil at a ratio of 36 to 1.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm probably as nutty about my collection as anybody but I don't know about 150 miles... I also have an aversion to wasting time sitting in a car.

A more typical decision for me is when I see a LB on CraigsList but it's pretty far out in the burbs (maybe a 50 mile round trip with lots of traffic) and I'm not at all sure that I want the mower. That's a no-go in my book.

If I was really sure that I wanted the mower then I'd probably go.

Also, when you get to the point that you have a bunch of mowers, you don't really need another one. :laughing:

Fireman 123

Threads
Agree with two stroke. I will never give above $100 for a Lawn Boy (no room for profit), and won't travel that far. I saw a F powered Gold Series the other day on C-list. Gave $25 and the guy brought it to ME! That's my kind of deal!

WhyZed

Threads
That is a long way to go and a big price to pay for a nice Bricktop, and you are not sharing some pictures of this with us franchi ? WTH?? :rolleyes:

franchi

Threads
Hi:

This is not a Brick Top. I think that it is called a Darth Vader model. It is a pre compliance "F" series engine and is a 19" model. I think that it is a 1980 model. I will check.

Around here, there are very few nice Lawn Boy mowers for sale! I can not find a good one to purchase. Most are buggered!

I wanted the 19" with the solid state ignition. The one that I drove so far to get, is in very good condition. I have been seeking this model for a long time. I have learned not to hesitate when one sees what they want. If one waits, many time the deal has passed.

The drive to get the mower was a very easy one. The mower was at my friends house that was about 4 miles from a turnpike interchange. I drove 24 miles to the turnpike and only had to make one stop.

I do not have any pictures as I have not learned how to post them.

Stay well my friends,

Franchi