Stihl FS55 Strimmer Problem

Rocketron

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

I've owned a Stihl FS55 Strimmer for several years and its never given any problems until now.

it starts first time but won't start again if its been worked for half hour or so.

Leave it alone for twenty minutes or so and it starts no problem.

After researching the problem I've read it can be anything including vapour locks, faulty carb', ignition coil breaking down etc, etc.

Perhaps one of the experts on here can advise?

Thanks.

pile81

Threads
Run it, when it dosent start, see if it has spark if not its coil.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Run it, when it dosent start, see if it has spark if not its coil.

I had this problem on an old toro weed eater. The heat sinks were clogged with debris and oil and it was over heating

Rocketron

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replies.

Tried both of the above, its getting a spark etc but still won't start.

I'm puzzled by the bone dry plug after giving it choke and pressing the plunger several times when it won't start.

I have a manual for the FS45 which shares the same fuel filler cap.

Stihl state any problems with the fuel supply & you should check the fuel tank vent first which is in the filler cap.

I presumed it was a one piece cap but breaks down into eight separate parts.

Just started the strimmer from cold, ran it for one minute only & it refuses to start, the fuel tank is only half full but i heard pressure release from the tank.....

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the replies.

Tried both of the above, its getting a spark etc but still won't start.

I'm puzzled by the bone dry plug after giving it choke and pressing the plunger several times when it won't start.

I have a manual for the FS45 which shares the same fuel filler cap.

Stihl state any problems with the fuel supply & you should check the fuel tank vent first which is in the filler cap.

I presumed it was a one piece cap but breaks down into eight separate parts.

Just started the strimmer from cold, ran it for one minute only & it refuses to start, the fuel tank is only half full but i heard pressure release from the tank.....

Try a new cap worst case 5 dollars