Engine Lawnboy flywheel interchange?

1sprinter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Guys,

I have a commercial F-series Lawnboy mower (model #CC21ZPN, serial #KO36C0196) with a cracked flywheel. The casting says "683580". I can get a similar looking flywheel from a friend with a casting number "682205". Does anyone know if these flywheels are interchangeable? Thanks in advance!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Casting numbers do no mean anything. Do you have the model numbers from both engine? With those numbers you would be able to cross reference the flywheels.

1sprinter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Casting numbers do no mean anything. Do you have the model numbers from both engine? With those numbers you would be able to cross reference the flywheels.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I only have details regarding my lawnmower. My friend only has the flywheel and has no idea what engine it came from. It looks similar though. I thought the casting numbers on the flywheel were actual part numbers. Is that not the case? Is there a way to interpret these casting numbers to see what lawnmower models they would fit?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Casting number only tell the company which machine it was produced on. Check to see if the keyways position in relation to the magnets is the same and the size of the maters are the same. LawnBoy did not use many different flywheels,you might get lucky.

robinb66

Threads
If it came off of another f series engine then it should work just fine however if its off a d or c series then the magnets will be offset from the proper timing for an f series engine!! Check the position of the flywheel key hole in relevance to the position of the magnets, compare the 2 of them, if they are the same then it should work!!:smile:

1sprinter

Forum Newbie
Threads
If it came off of another f series engine then it should work just fine however if its off a d or c series then the magnets will be offset from the proper timing for an f series engine!! Check the position of the flywheel key hole in relevance to the position of the magnets, compare the 2 of them, if they are the same then it should work!!:smile:

It did come from another F-series engine but something called: "F-340 scamp model". I have no idea what that is or if it is applicable to my commercial F-series engine. Hopefully you experts can enlighten me.