Stanley riding lawn mower

Blonniew

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Stanley riding lawn mower runs good and mows good, But It only goes slow.. What is the problem? It just started that this year and is about 10 years old. It takes forever to do our acre yard....

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Make sure the bypass isn't activated, and check the condition of the drive belt. Is the tranny making any unsual noises.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When was the belt last replaced? If you say more than 5 years ago, I would check it's condition and also the condition of the belt tensioner.

Blonniew

Forum Newbie
Threads
Make sure the bypass isn't activated, and check the condition of the drive belt. Is the tranny making any unsual noises.

No the transmission isn't making any sounds. We were told it will cost around 900. to fix it.... The mechanic thinks... It might be in the transmission.

Blonniew

Forum Newbie
Threads

The bypass isn't activated and It has a new belt. No unusual noises.

Blonniew

Forum Newbie
Threads
When was the belt last replaced? If you say more than 5 years ago, I would check it's condition and also the condition of the belt tensioner.

It has a new belt. Tensioner has been checked.

Ifixdit

Threads
My Stanley riding lawn mower runs good and mows good, But It only goes slow.. What is the problem? It just started that this year and is about 10 years old. It takes forever to do our acre yard....

Does the clutch have full travel when you press it down with your left foot? If it doesn't the belt won't have sufficient tension on it.

Blonniew

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does the clutch have full travel when you press it down with your left foot? If it doesn't the belt won't have sufficient tension on it.

Yes the clutch has full travel when pressed.

Ifixdit

Threads
Yes the clutch has full travel when pressed.

I'm out of options here. Hopefully your transmission isn't bad. I personally wouldn't spend $900 to have one worked on.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is reverse working as it should

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))