Be Careful When Buying Gas At The Pumps...EPA Approves E15

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Be Careful When Buying Gas At The Pumps...EPA Approves E15
MY caravan is flex fuel ... it will run E85... as most flex fuel cars will... :smile:KennyV

indypower

Threads
MY caravan is flex fuel ... it will run E85... as most flex fuel cars will... :smile:KennyV
True, But is your Outdoor Power Equipment flex fuel?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
My big tractor is diesel as is my ZTR mower, I do have a couple smaller tractors, truck and an almost never used gas mower ... I have been running E10 - E15 in them for some time now, no problems... I also have a very old dump truck that runs good on it... I'm not sure there will be problems, Those mixing 2 cycle fuel/oil may have to make some adjustment if they are running at absolute leanest settings...

I think we will burn whatever we have at the pump... for many there will be no other choices... :smile:KennyV

Harriet

Threads
I have not heard that it's bad to use E15 in your gas powered garden equipment before! I never even stopped to consider that before! Is it bad for the environment or something??

Hershey

Threads
We do get complacent in what we look for, but then I remember when unleaded became the big thing and people were putting the wrong thing in their cars.

Threads
Here in Canada Shell V Power (Super) has no ethanol in it at all that is all I use in my small engines, it costs a little more and I always add stabilizer to every gas can.:thumbsup:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Gasoline is great...BUT really we are going to burn whatever is available:wink:...
If you can no longer get straight gasoline then you will use unleaded with brown 25:biggrin: added or whatever is regionally available... it is the nature of consumables... there is going to be change... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Gasoline is great...BUT really we are going to burn whatever is available:wink:...
If you can no longer get straight gasoline then you will use unleaded with brown 25:biggrin: added or whatever is regionally available... it is the nature of consumables... there is going to be change... :smile:KennyV

What irritates me about the changes they make in fuels is that they NEVER add anything to make stored fuel last longer...why is it so difficult to make an additive that we can pump into our cars that will keep gasoline fresh for several years?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
why is it so difficult to make an additive that we can pump into our cars that will keep gasoline fresh for several years?

Gasoline works best with a low vapor pressure, (in fuel injected systems, not the best in carb systems).
low vapor pressure fuel evaporates quickly and there fore degrades quickly, especially if not stored air and moisture tight...

Diesel on the other hand will last for years if it is kept from moisture... I have ran 10 year old diesel that was sealed in 55 gallon drums, could tell no difference from fresh... :smile:KennyV