M-ZT 52 Review

Mike Oostendorp

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am in the need of a 52 - 60 ZTM and am considering a MTZ. I thought I had decided on a Gravely ZT HD but it seems like there have been several reports lately of shredded belts and a variety of other maladies without many hours on them. After deciding to reopen my shopping I feel like the MTZ's deserve a closer look. I know most people on here probably have MTZ's so there may be a bias, but interested in how everything is still performing with some hours on them. Thanks

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know 5 different companies here in my area that use these mowers with almost no downtime as long as they keep up the maintenance. They love them.

kingb0305

Threads
I am in the need of a 52 - 60 ZTM and am considering a MTZ. I thought I had decided on a Gravely ZT HD but it seems like there have been several reports lately of shredded belts and a variety of other maladies without many hours on them. After deciding to reopen my shopping I feel like the MTZ's deserve a closer look. I know most people on here probably have MTZ's so there may be a bias, but interested in how everything is still performing with some hours on them. Thanks

Still happy with mine. I did have an issue with the selenoid, it didn't want to turn over, acted as if one of the safety switches (brake, seat, neutral, etc) was engaged. It was a cheap and easy replacement and all has been well since. Build quality is fantastic. Yes, I'm probably biased, but I really do believe it is the best bang for buck zero turn available.

TruHacker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I figured it would be best to create my first post while there is a foot of snow out there. I have read through the 16 pages in this thread as well as various others. Sparing all my details and history, let's just say that I am currently in the process of trying to look at a 2016 M-ZT 52 with 400 hours on a B&S. The machine was used as a backup last season according to the seller. It looks to be in great shape but no telling when the pic was taken. 4 sets of blades and a mulching kit included: $3200.

I moved back to the area after decades and worked with an Exmark guy last summer. I aim to secure 8-10 lawns in the upcoming season as well as my double lot.

A dealer told me to expect 1000-1200 hours for a commercial zero turn. What I don't want to do is throw 3 grand down the drain on machine that is a time bomb, be it the B&S or the hydros. The problem: How do I know what to look for? What and how to ask questions about the machine to the seller?

Overall the reviews for M-ZT are outstanding. If I opt out, what would be the best alternative for my 3k budget?

p.s. I see lots of used Exmarks out there for more and with 1500+ hours.