Mowing the grass before a grass party

minkyung

Threads
A friend of mine has a lawn. He and his friends plan to have party on that lawn in summer. It will be an open air party. Maybe they want to watch the stars, I don't know. How many days before the party should my friend mow his lawn?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it is regularly trimmed, so the grass is not going to be cut a lot shorter than it normally is standing...
It will make no difference how soon it's cut..
You could even cut it the day of the event and not have any grass clipping problems. :smile:KennyV

minkyung

Threads
Thank you KennyV! :)

This is funny but he cuts the grass once a month only. I thought maybe he should cut the grass one week before. That way the lawn will not have a lot of freshly cut grass during the party. What do you think?

Hershey

Threads
For that neat and trimmed look, I'd do it that day. There's nothing like seeing that grass looking fresh and crisp after a good cut. It's greener looking in my view.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you KennyV! :)

This is funny but he cuts the grass once a month only. I thought maybe he should cut the grass one week before. That way the lawn will not have a lot of freshly cut grass during the party. What do you think?

If he wants it to look it's best...
Once a mth is not the answer...
He should cut it 2 to 3 wks before...
Then again 1 wk before,
And again one day before OR the day of...
It will look it's best... :smile:KennyV