wanted opinions of owners of Ferris IS 600Z

creative lawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm also interested in this mower. I'm curious what the OP decided to get one. I looked at them today, and I'm pretty impressed.
I'm also wondering how good the customer service is with Ferris. I've never known anyone who has owned one so I'm not very familiar with them.

Thanks

I have is1500 good mower but a lot of up keep I've broke frame were front suspension go's had to rebuild wheel motors 3 times two starters and 2 clutches and now I've got bad oil leak and one of my hydro is weak under 1000 hrs. but I use it every day in summer for 6 years and seat pan crack had to put a reinforce plate on it but the mower is still cutting

supertech

Threads
I like the ferris mowers, the ride great and they don't scalp the ground as bad. The brown and tan mowers you see are Grasshoppers, I have 2 61 inch models there unreal.
:thumbsup:

ferrisbestyet

Threads
HI!
Looking for anyone who has a Ferris IS 600Z.
We are considering it - but would love to contact someone who already has one.
We are being quoted between $5,800 - $6,000 for it....a lawnmower.
Can someone justify it for me? :smile:
It seems the most rugged, has the 'best" engine of all that we looked at , a Kawasaki FS600V.
My husband loves the shock system. The iCD cutting system sounds impressive.
Where I work, they have a LARGE area to mow - I noticed the people who mowed used Ferris mowers, I believe.
Did Ferris mowers used to be brown?....are some still brown?
Anyway, the grass looked very nicely cut and I can only imagine how many lawns the people cut with those mowers.
I would love to hear people opinions of why or why not I should buy this mower.:smile:
We hope to decide in a week.
Thank you!
great mowers I have a 1s600z 48 they have a recall on the steering rods and couplers going down to the transmission dealer will fix for free may have the problem fixed on the 2016 models ask if they replaces the defective part ,s 5103674 5104579 5104578 j006.JPGust makes them steer harder nothing to do with the running or cutting

gregjo1948

Threads
Ferris mowers are the best riding built. Kawasaki engines are the best choice to power them with. The brown mowers are probably the Grasshopper make.

theplayer11

Threads
I have is1500 good mower but a lot of up keep I've broke frame were front suspension go's had to rebuild wheel motors 3 times two starters and 2 clutches and now I've got bad oil leak and one of my hydro is weak under 1000 hrs. but I use it every day in summer for 6 years and seat pan crack had to put a reinforce plate on it but the mower is still cutting
I also had to replace a wheel motor and seat pan cracked on my 1500 as well. Also had slow oil leak, under 800 hours, but that's on Kawi. Bought it new in 2005, homeowner use, just sold it for $2k and bought the 600. 600 has smaller front casters and no arm rests which I thought was weak, but cuts nice...18.5HP Kawi compared to 21HP with the 1500, but not noticeable in the power.

theplayer11

Threads
great mowers I have a 1s600z 48 they have a recall on the steering rods and couplers going down to the transmission dealer will fix for free may have the problem fixed on the 2016 models ask if they replaces the defective part ,s 5103674 5104579 5104578 jView attachment 28784ust makes them steer harder nothing to do with the running or cutting
how did you know of the recall? Just bought the 600, how can I find out?