need help finding a manual

teachme

Threads
hey guys i bought this simpicity express used last week and i think it needs a battery or something on the mower is draining it . i dont have a manual and i found a white sticker which i assume had a model number on it but the words are all worn off it looks like this 2013-05-15 16.03.55.jpg i know its a 14.5 hp briggs and stration motor and a 38 inch cut non hydrostatic any help would be greatly appreciated i bought this mower so the wife could help mow when she tried to start it this today and it wouldnt start she was discouraged, thanks in advance for any help. oh yeah i fully charged the battery last sunday (may 12th) and it stared sunday and monday and a week later on tuesday she said it started and she drove it over to hook up her little wagon and it wouldnt start back it turned over really slow. i got it charging again now .

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
B&S numbers will be on the covers....................post them up here. The charging system may not be doing its job..!

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    484.9 KB · Views: 7

teachme

Threads
i looked all over the motor and didnt see any numbers here is a pic of it where should they be. motor.jpg

thanks for your help.

teachme

Threads
Thanks so much got the manual what is the charging system actually called and any advice on testing it?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
You will need to post up the engine numbers before anyone is likely to tell you what you have, they have to be on the cover somewhere.

"what is the charging system actually called"

Yours is called the Briggs & Stratton alternator system.

teachme

Threads
gonna hunt those numbers are they on a white sticker......

ok new development i mowed the yard and then fully charged the battery then covered it. yesterday which was almost a week later it was so dead it wouldnt even start. So even if the charging system is bad it shouldn't have died just sitting unless the isolation diode is bad right?
I am going to remove the top cover and try to find the motor numbers you guys need to further help me. thanks in advance for any help.

earthworm

Threads
I THINK, its no different than an automotive system.
Break out your multi-meter and battery load tester.
The multi-meter can check diodes....but I have never had to do this, as I recall.

teachme

Threads
I got her figured out the hard start was do to the valves needing to be adjusted (done that) and it did also need a battery which i have replaced so its all good now thanks for your reply.