Buying Advice Review of my Honda HRX217HYA

Threads
My HRX now has 86 hours (yes, I keep track) and has not skipped a beat. It continues to be a pleasure to use. :thumbsup:

Good to hear you have good things to say about it! I wish I put an hour meter on mine....sure would be nice to be certain of the number of hours my HRX's have.

woiim

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am new here and would like to add my comments on this mower. I am in Australia and have just purchased the Honda HRX2175HYA. I have only used it twice but have found it to be extremely easy to start. The mowers self propelling speeds are ideal for me to adjust as I am 65 and not in the best of condition. Each time I have had to mow which was weekly, it was after rain and the mulcher didnt falter and produce a lovely finish to my couch lawn. Overall I am extremely pleased with this mower

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am new here and would like to add my comments on this mower. I am in Australia ....a lovely finish to my couch lawn.

Welcome!

Help us Yanks understand, what is a "couch lawn?"

Also, the HRX217HXA is a USA-spec model. Is your mower an HXA, or an Australian "HYU" model?

26107872766_bba4196b80_o.png

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Couch lawn is a full sun grass. Hates any shade. It's one of the cheapest of grass. Needs plenty of water.

woiim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome!

Help us Yanks understand, what is a "couch lawn?"

Also, the HRX217HXA is a USA-spec model. Is your mower an HXA, or an Australian "HYU" model?

26107872766_bba4196b80_o.png

Sorry yes the HYU is the one I have

woiim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Couch lawn is a full sun grass. Hates any shade. It's one of the cheapest of grass. Needs plenty of water.

Yes 90% of Australian lawns are couch due to dry hot weather, mine is called winter green which handles our mediocre winters.

evident

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well thanks to this review I upsold myself from buying the VKA model to a brand new HRX217(5)HYA. Briefly mowed the front yard yesterday and it's fast! provides a much nicer cut than my 16 year old troy bilt.

JBrzoz00

Threads
I've been wringing my hands on what new mower to buy and after reading about this mower I think I'm sold.

I'm an electrician and I know any good tool costs good $ but is well worth it in the long run.

tencrore

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well thanks to this review I upsold myself from buying the VKA model to a brand new HRX217(5)HYA. Briefly mowed the front yard yesterday and it's fast! provides a much nicer cut than my 16 year old troy bilt.

Bought the VKA and after reading so many positive reviews on the HYA, returned the unopened VKA for the HYA! Installed an hour meter and side guards on it yesterday. Planning on firing it up for the first time this afternoon!

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bought the VKA and after reading so many positive reviews on the HYA, returned the unopened VKA for the HYA! Installed an hour meter and side guards on it yesterday. Planning on firing it up for the first time this afternoon!

Be sure to register your new mower purchase with Honda, and get +1 year of factory warranty (that would make it SIX years for your new HRX). To register, either

(a) fill out and mail the registration card that's in the box

or

(b) get the serial number off the back of the mower's deck, and go to this page:
Click here to register your new Honda online

Here's a few resources for the new Honda owner:

Shop Manuals; available in paper format only, direct from Honda via eBay or Amazon (free shipping).:
Honda Power Equipment Shop Manuals on eBay
Honda Power Equipment Shop Manuals on Amazon

Digital Owners Manuals (free):
Honda Lawn Mower Owner's Manuals

Official Parts Look-Up Page:
Honda Power Equipment, Engines and Marine Factory Parts Look-up
This is a look-up-only site; use it to get the correct part number(s), then either Google a part number to find a Honda Dealer selling it online, or use the next link to find your local dealer...

Find a Honda Dealer
Find A Honda Dealer Near You

Honda Warranty Information
Note: Any Honda dealer can provide warranty service. Does not matter if you didn't buy it from them, except some dealers might put those that did at the front of the line.

Support Videos:
Honda Support Videos
How to, set-up, operation, and maintenance tips.

Avoid the #1 Mower Service Problem:
Avoiding Fuel-Related Problems

FAQs:
Honda Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Honda Customer Relations: Can't get an issue resolved with your local dealer? Need more help, or just have a question?

—Honda Customer Relations
—4900 Marconi Drive
—Alpharetta, GA 30005
—(770) 497-6400 M-F 8:30-5:00 EST

Finally, if you'll drop me a Private Message with a mailing address, and I'll send you a few Honda stickers.
lovemyhonda_zps0f2c5f05.jpg