Any suggestions for a differant broadcast spreader?

MARKA

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have owned an Ag-Fab #175 broadcast spreader for a few years. It looks fine sitting in the shop, but that's where it stops. I own a couple of acres and use it a few times a year. Atleast once a year I have a breakdown or it needs adjustment. I just want to use it, clean it & put it away. After owning it I can see it was not used by whoever designed it. You can't reach the flow control lever from the mower seat. I had to extend the handle. I also found it necessary to put a bungie strap to hold the lever open. If I didn't have the strap, the lever went wherever it wanted. It wouldn't stay in place. Long story short, it still looks grat and someone else can have the headaches. I don't wasn to spend more than say $300 for a new spreader. I have noticed the newer Ag-Fab models are re-designed. WHO OWNS A BROADCAST SPREADER THAT THEY LOVE? TELL ME ABOUT IT. Thanks, Mark. Brandon, SD

tankdriver

Threads
This post has something I'd like to know also......

MARKA

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just went out and adjusted it again. The "gears" get out of adjustment and pull harder, make more noise. I cleaned it up as clean as new one. checked the flow rate guide. It was out of adjustment. The gate should be half open at the middle setting(5). It was impossible to get the gate tp close 100% if I had the gate 1/2 way open and the setting on 5. Wierd. I had to set the guide number on 7 with the gate 1/2 way open to close the spreader. I'm no rocket scientist, but it seems this model needs some fine tuning. I know that the newer models are differant.

MARKA

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been looking at a Spyker P30-17520. Does anyone own one or have any input?