Alternate uses for Leaf Blowers

AndyMan

Threads
About the best use I ever saw for a leaf blower was when I was camping with my son. It was a cub scout event where we got to tent camp on the outfield of a local minor league baseball field.

The next morning they woke us all up at 6:30 am by using about a gajillion leaf blowers to blow all the trash out from under the stadium seats. The racket ensured that we were all awake and gone by 7:30!

carl22

Threads
My mother-in-law uses her leaf blower to clean out the inside of her truck. She says it's much better than vacuuming or sweeping. Just put away any important papers and such, and turn it on. Things afterwards will be a bit dusty, so the inside of the truck will need a quick wipe-down.

Hershey

Threads
I can see these uses for sure. Any time that you can a gust of wind, a leaf blower should do the trick. I keep mine handy.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
About the best use I ever saw for a leaf blower was when I was camping with my son. It was a cub scout event where we got to tent camp on the outfield of a local minor league baseball field.

The next morning they woke us all up at 6:30 am by using about a gajillion leaf blowers to blow all the trash out from under the stadium seats. The racket ensured that we were all awake and gone by 7:30!

Hows this one...I wash all our vehicles at home, using a power washer....after the final rinse, I use a powerful electric blower to remove 90% of the water...usually I can finish drying a big car with a half dozen paper towels....does IT EVER SAVE TIME !!!!

And I usually clean my gutters several times in the fall, I made a long extension out of 2 inch PVC pipe with a "U" on the end, bought a used blower cheap at a garage sale that had no tubes, used a carriage bolt and some shimming to fit my PVC pipe extension into the nozzle, does it ever work great to clean debris from the gutters without using a ladder. Disclaimer: If you try this, WEAR SAFETY GLASSES, the airflow blasts out lots of shingle granules...and if the leaves are wet, weat a hat too...:biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
My mother-in-law uses her leaf blower to clean out the inside of her truck. She says it's much better than vacuuming or sweeping. Just put away any important papers and such, and turn it on. Things afterwards will be a bit dusty, so the inside of the truck will need a quick wipe-down.

She is doing it wrong...OPEN BOTH OR ALL DOORS and there will be almost nothing left...I use this trick on my GMC all the time even though it has leather seats. A powerful shop vac with a blower port and a flex hose with nozzle works a lot better than a leaf blower though, Lowes sell a tapering nozzle end for 2 1/2 inch hoses that is ideal.

grnspot110

Threads
They will also clear light snow!

Mean Machine

Threads
I use mine to clean off the roof and clean out the gutters once in early summer when everything is good and dry, and once in late fall before the rainy season hits.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can also use it to blow off your air cleaner filters on your diesel engines...
Works great without damaging them like a blast from an air compressor hose could...

The portable gas models are also great to help burn smoldering brush fires, or burn piles that just won't get started right... :smile:KennyV

Hershey

Threads
I have never thought about using the leaf blower to dry my car or get the leaves and gunk off. Thank you so much because I plan to do this very soon!

AndyMan

Threads
The portable gas models are also great to help burn smoldering brush fires, or burn piles that just won't get started right... :smile:KennyV

My father-in-law rigged up an blast furnace using a metal trash barrel with a grate on top, and a fire at the bottom. He blew his leaf blower in the bottom and could use that thing to burn ANYTHING! That thing would even melt glass! (A used diaper, however, came out barely scorched!:laughing:)