tire question for pro cut 61

gapfast

Forum Newbie
Threads
Everytime I get this mower out something goes wrong. The latest would be the tires I just had mounted. Carlile 20x10-8 4 ply tubeless. The left tire is rubbing the frame A LOT. What gives? The only thing I can think of is that the old tires are 2ply. Would that really matter?

gregjo1948

Threads
4 ply tires shouldn't cause the rubbing. Make sure the new tires are the right size. Check to see if there is suppose to be any spacers between the wheel and the hub that didn't get put back in. See if the wheel is inside out. The dish of the wheel may be different when reversed and the stud holes won't be recessed in the correct direction. See that the wheel isn't bent, causing it to wobble. gregjo1948

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Everytime I get this mower out something goes wrong. The latest would be the tires I just had mounted. Carlile 20x10-8 4 ply tubeless. The left tire is rubbing the frame A LOT. What gives? The only thing I can think of is that the old tires are 2ply. Would that really matter?

I must just be lucky because other then basic maintenance I never have any thing go wrong on mine. I have had some tire problems but from my own fault not the mowers. Just what problems are you having other then tires? I am on vacation right now but when I get home this week I will look at mine and let you know if I can see what your tire problem is? I put a hole in on of my drive tires but just added a inner tube but its been going for two years now. You are talking about the pro cut 61 three wheel Ferris?

gapfast

Forum Newbie
Threads
I must just be lucky because other then basic maintenance I never have any thing go wrong on mine. I have had some tire problems but from my own fault not the mowers. Just what problems are you having other then tires? I am on vacation right now but when I get home this week I will look at mine and let you know if I can see what your tire problem is? I put a hole in on of my drive tires but just added a inner tube but its been going for two years now. You are talking about the pro cut 61 three wheel Ferris?

Yes I have the pro cut 61. I figured the tire problem out. They were the correct size just the wrong profile. The mounted flat profile when I needed a round profile.
Right now I have it tore apart. Pulled the heads. Not running very well. Bogs way down under a load. Thought it might be the valves. They checked out ok. I already cleaned the carb right before it started acting up. I'm also getting oil in the airbox. I checked the crankcase vent box it looked ok. There is no wet oil in cylinder so I don't think its rings.
Also is leaving grass uncut, just little strands here and there. Looks horrible. Had my Ferris dealer sharpen blades, same problem.
The motor is a briggs vanguard 20hp

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes I have the pro cut 61. I figured the tire problem out. They were the correct size just the wrong profile. The mounted flat profile when I needed a round profile.
Right now I have it tore apart. Pulled the heads. Not running very well. Bogs way down under a load. Thought it might be the valves. They checked out ok. I already cleaned the carb right before it started acting up. I'm also getting oil in the airbox. I checked the crankcase vent box it looked ok. There is no wet oil in cylinder so I don't think its rings.
Also is leaving grass uncut, just little strands here and there. Looks horrible. Had my Ferris dealer sharpen blades, same problem.
The motor is a briggs vanguard 20hp

I have the Kohler 21 HP in mine with 700 hrs. on it. No running problems yet. I have been putting new blades on mine about every two years and sharped my own blades about twice a year. I buy my blades from NAPA and they look just like the dealer blades. I can't understand yours not cutting all the grass? maybe the type of grass you have? The only time mine will leave uncut grass is when I am cutting tall weeds and grass at a high speed. The only engine problem I have has is I had to change the oil cooler because it was leaking oil.