Repairs 1993 huskee drive belt problem

zachandjess2904

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1993 huskee 12hp 40" cut mower . I just purchased this out of the local paper. When the deck is not engaged the mower will drive around fine but when the deck is engaged and u stop the mower it will not go again. The drive belt keep coming off the engine pulley. There is a new looking shield around the pulley that is not on the parts breakdown for the mower wich tells me whoever had it before me had the same problem. Any thoughts or advice on this would be much appreciated as I do not want to dum a bunch of money in such an old mower.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a 1993 huskee 12hp 40" cut mower . I just purchased this out of the local paper. When the deck is not engaged the mower will drive around fine but when the deck is engaged and u stop the mower it will not go again. The drive belt keep coming off the engine pulley. There is a new looking shield around the pulley that is not on the parts breakdown for the mower wich tells me whoever had it before me had the same problem. Any thoughts or advice on this would be much appreciated as I do not want to dum a bunch of money in such an old mower.

The shield that should be on there should rap around about 3/4 of the pulley almost touching it.
You should not even be able to take the belt off the pulley without removing the shield.

Or some models just had 2 dowel pins but I think yours should have the shield around top pulley and pins for bottom pulley

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

zachandjess2904

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok . That puts my mind at ease a little. I wonder why the belt keeps coming out of there.