second hand parts - how old is too old

Threads
How many of you mowing contractors or small engine service centers like myself, keep a lot of second hand parts from old/dead machines & think that" 1 day i may use that" or "i could sell that to someone ", i have got to a point where a lot of the old stuff is being scrapped, eg- i found a blower housing from a Briggs horozontal shaft motor from 1967, (just before i was born). stuff from the 70s & 80s have gone but i'll keep bits from 1990 onwards, our shop has been around for 25 years so there is a lot of stored cr@p to shift.
Just interested in reading your comments,

Threads
How many of you mowing contractors or small engine service centers like myself, keep a lot of second hand parts from old/dead machines & think that" 1 day i may use that" or "i could sell that to someone ", i have got to a point where a lot of the old stuff is being scrapped, eg- i found a blower housing from a Briggs horozontal shaft motor from 1967, (just before i was born). stuff from the 70s & 80s have gone but i'll keep bits from 1990 onwards, our shop has been around for 25 years so there is a lot of stored cr@p to shift.
Just interested in reading your comments,

I do the same if its used but still works I keep it for a backup part.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I store it until the scrap piece gets high, then it all gets sold. sold 7 ton a couple of years ago, including 12 riders.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would have no idea what it is like in New Zealand but here in US it is getting hard to find older engine and mower parts and there is a call for them. We have around where I live several old engine shows and flee markets and the venders know what they have and know how to charge you for them. If you are into selling just newer equipment and don't want to bother with the older parts maybe you can find someone you can sell then to.