18 HP Honda vTwin with no fire

Bullfuel

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 44" Hustler with a 18 hp Honda v twin that has no fire to the plugs. Has any one ever had this problem and where should I start to look? It didn't just start not having fire it was a slow process. It started one day and from then on it has gotten worse. Now it just dossen't start. Put new plugs and still no fire. (PLEASE HELP MY GRASS IS TAKING OVER)

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
worked on one last year, with the same symptoms. It would run rough sometimes, fine others, then sometimes wouldn't fire, then 10 minutes later would start right up. then eventually wouldn't start at all. Had to change both modules, and has been running fine since. Honda does have ohm test procedures for there modules, but I can't seem to find them right now.

Bullfuel

Forum Newbie
Threads
worked on one last year, with the same symptoms. It would run rough sometimes, fine others, then sometimes wouldn't fire, then 10 minutes later would start right up. then eventually wouldn't start at all. Had to change both modules, and has been running fine since. Honda does have ohm test procedures for there modules, but I can't seem to find them right now.

What are you talking about when you say Modules? Are you taking about the 2 coils on the flywheel feeding the spark plug? mine never ran rough it just wouldn't fire. When it did fire it wouldt run forever, even when I would stop it for 20 min. it would fire right back up. It was hard to start after i let it sit for a long period of time ( 1 week or so ).

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The things you are calling coils, are the Ignition modules, The one I worked on both modules completely failed within about 2 hours of each other. but were acting up for about a month before they completely quit.

Bullfuel

Forum Newbie
Threads
The things you are calling coils, are the Ignition modules, The one I worked on both modules completely failed within about 2 hours of each other. but were acting up for about a month before they completely quit.

I sure do appreacate your help. I will try that and THANKS again.