What do you do while you mow?

AndyMan

Threads
So, while you are going back and forth, back and forth (or round and round and round), what are you thinking about? Do you sing? Plan your day? Admire the green grass? My wife sings. I just sort of zone out.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
My tractor and my mower both have cabs so I either listen to tunes on the stereos or chat on the phone, just depends on what is happening those days... The actual mowing takes almost no concentration, so there is plenty of time to do other things... :smile:KennyV

Wayne195

Threads
I used to sing while I mowed but I have close nieghbors so I stopped for fear that I'd be heard.:wink:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm busy trying to determine what all the strange knocks and noises are.:laughing:

I know a farmer that reads while his GPS system does the farming.:biggrin:

carl22

Threads
I usually listen to music on my mp3 player. Sometimes I sing along, other times I don't. I've also been known to carry my cell phone with me, so when it rings, I shut the mower down and answer. It might be somebody important :wink: .

indypower

Threads
I decide what I am gong to do after I finish mowing and how I want to do it.

noma

Threads
HI Andyman

I know there is nothing to do or worry about it boring, but you should be watching your surrounding just in case something did happen like a child just ran out in front of you .What if your mower throw a rock and it hit someone, if you are doing all those other things you would not ever know it to help them if they needed it. Just to be ready for a quick decision if it needs to be attend to. Something to think about when you are doing that same old boring mowing job some times thing happen that's why they are called accidents.::smile:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just think about things that I haven't had time to think about otherwise. Pushing the mower gets my heart rate up and that's good for the thought process.:thumbsup:

And, of course, I enjoy the great outdoors.

Driller

Threads
Stay focused on the task at hand while enjoying some tunes as well. Still, accidents happen by inappropriate multitasking, so I believe in focusing.

Twinkle

Threads
I am guilty of listening to music but I usually only do that when I am alone and not loud enough to be completely cut off from the world. I also tend to daydream about what I want to do with my nice garden.