Perfect lawn landscaping

cwemoy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I came to realize that landscaping is not as easy as 1-2-3. I popped into my neighbor's and can admit that if you are not good enough, get a professional to first do it for you. The landscapers were scrapping off what had already been done to give the lawn a better look.

adan

Threads
A professional would be a great help if money is not an issue . . . and if you're running after time. But some basics are not really hard to understand. Like, know how you want it to look like, then plan from the bottom up --- meaning, know what to bury first before putting things on top.

What's complicated is the execution, i admit. You can hire professionals either do the whole thing or implement portions of the entire thing.

Harriet

Threads
I think I love gardening so much because it really puts you in tune with natural processes. Things take as long as they take, and you have to meet the earth on its terms. It's not like a microwave meal where you just pop it in and out it comes, you know?

AndyMan

Threads
If you're planning on being there for a while, it's OK to take your time. Do one section of your property and see how you like it before starting in on another section. This lets you learn what works before you spend too much time and money on species that don't grow well in your soil, or that you decide you don't like.

noma

Threads
HI cwemoy

I think you should get a soil sample done from your soil extsion office and see what your ground need to grow what you are trying to plant,. it would be worth it so you would not waste your time and money into what you planted. You might try and get it done this late fall if you can get dirt dug up for samples.