Honda riders? Are they good?

mixpat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, found a '99 Honda Harmony 2013 rider I'm thinking about buying. It looks to be in excellent condition and comes with bagger. Are these good machines? Anything issues I should look for? Lastly, what are these generally selling for? Thanks for any info!

scott47429

Threads
there great mowers if you can find one thats been well cared for to bad your not closer i know where there are 2 of them sitting looking for a new home

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wrote both the owner's and shop manuals for the H2013 and H2113, so I'm a little biased.

The retro styling of the H2013 wasn't very popular (it was nicknamed "the toaster"), so Honda relaunched it with a more modern hood shape as the H2113. It also got headlights, updated intake debris screen, and hydrostatic models got the taller seat.

honda_riding_mower_4.jpg

The 13hp engine (390cc) air-cooled single was the perfect size, and the mowing quality was quite good, with standard overlapping blades, and there was an option twin rear bag kit, and a snowblower as well. You could also get a rear hitch, tire chains, a front engine guard, and a special "muffler heat shield" that was sometimes needed in keep the engine heat from baking the grass when the tractor was parked with the engine running . :ashamed:

There were three service bulletins, including one safety recall. The PTO arm could fail, and the blades would stay engaged even with the PTO in the OFF position. Like all safety recalls, this one remains in effect forever. If you buy an H2013 (H2113 were not part of the recall) just get me the serial number and I can tell you if it's been updated or not. The other bulletins were with a loose belt, and a leaking oil pan. These were fixed as failed under normal warranty.

There are plenty of used ones on craigslist; most are under $900 and are still in good service. Parts are still available, and if it matters, all H2013 and H2113 tractors were built at the Honda factory in Swepsonville, NC

It was eventually discontinued as the market for ZTR riders started to heat up in the late 90s. Honda finally exited the riding equipment market in 2000.

mixpat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the info. I'll be test driving again this weekend, but it looks like a solid machine...and priced at $650.

honda.jpg