Green Grass

Grasstrology

Threads
I was wondering what fertilizers you guys use for a luscious green lawn as I just brought my first house. I saw this mixture that is supposed to green your lawn and I was wondering if any of you guys have tried it and had positive results:

One full can of regular pop (any kind-no diet soda)
One full can of beer (no light beer) 12oz
1/2 Cup of Liquid dishwashing soap (do NOT use anti-bacterial dishwashing liquid)
1/2 Cup of household ammonia
1/2 Cup of mouthwash (any brand)

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was wondering what fertilizers you guys use for a luscious green lawn as I just brought my first house. I saw this mixture that is supposed to green your lawn and I was wondering if any of you guys have tried it and had positive results:

One full can of regular pop (any kind-no diet soda)
One full can of beer (no light beer) 12oz
1/2 Cup of Liquid dishwashing soap (do NOT use anti-bacterial dishwashing liquid)
1/2 Cup of household ammonia
1/2 Cup of mouthwash (any brand)

Wow, never tried it or heard of that concoction!!! But with the beer and mouthwash your lawn will be smiling a lot and not have bad breath:0)

Grasstrology

Threads
Wow, never tried it or heard of that concoction!!! But with the beer and mouthwash your lawn will be smiling a lot and not have bad breath:0)

Haha most likely. But I was wondering if you have any other ways of keeping grass green and luscious?

scottb

Forum Newbie
Threads
A tv station in Vegas I believe ran a story on a couple who used this potion on their lawn and it looked great. I tried it a few times and didn't notice any difference. But I may have done something wrong..

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
A tv station in Vegas I believe ran a story on a couple who used this potion on their lawn and it looked great. I tried it a few times and didn't notice any difference. But I may have done something wrong..

scottb,
It was probably the "light" beer:0)

possum

Threads
The kind you buy at places like Lowes, Menards , Ace hardware etc. The stuff in a sack marked fertilizer. That stuff is what most folks round here use. They leave most of the other stuff mentioned for getting drunk, getting pepped up a bit, covering up getting drunk etc, cleaning up after getting really drunk etc. There are some who use poop however.

Grasstrology

Threads
The kind you buy at places like Lowes, Menards , Ace hardware etc. The stuff in a sack marked fertilizer. That stuff is what most folks round here use. They leave most of the other stuff mentioned for getting drunk, getting pepped up a bit, covering up getting drunk etc, cleaning up after getting really drunk etc. There are some who use poop however.

I cannot say how much thanks I have for injecting me with your knowledge. I never knew you could buy fertilizer, nor did I know poop could be used either. Your knowledge of grass care will certainly make my lawn the best on the block. I sincerely thank you with all my heart

turfgrasspro

Threads
Iron is used for dark green color. Try products such as ironite, maxi green ect..

panabiker

Threads
I believe that mixture may work if you have a lawn with moderate thatch. The beer and coke (sugar) promotes bacterial activity to break down the thatch. The detergent acts as asurfactant to reduce the surface tension of water so it's easier for the water to soak through the thatch into the soil.
"
I have not tried it but I know certain "liquid dethatcher" or "organic dethatcher" have similar ingredients.

If you don't have thatch problem, then as others have said, lawn fertilizer may be the most effective way to green up the lawn.

T J Blazek

Threads
I heard this on a call in radio station a bunch of years ago. This guy didn't want his gas to grow that much; was more interested in making it greener. The host of the show said to use ammonium sulfate.(Epsom Salt) He went on to say that if you open a bag of fertilizer and see all the red; green; blue; etc. granules; those are the minerals. All the white stuff is epsom salt for filler. His recipe was 2 4lbs. epsom salt and a bucket of sand. Just mix it up and use a broadcast speader. Water accordingly. My front yard was 50'by 60'. It worked! The host commented later in the program that you can get a box of Rit dye and spray it on the lawn.