Country Clipper?

hotrod60

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking at a Country Clipper Wrangler 48" fabricated deck with a Kohler courage motor. If anyone out there owns one what are your thoughts? This one is joystick controlled.

SCMCG

Threads
I am looking at one also-the Edge XLT 52 model. They are built at Shivvers Inc. in Corydon Iowa which is about 45 minutes south of me. I know 3 people that have CC mowers and they all absolutely love them. I haven't had the chance yet to try out the joystick but everyone says now that they have it they would never go back to a twin lever design. They appear to be built as heavy as about anything out there and the flip up deck would really make a dreadful task of cleaning the deck or changing blades really a very simple job. The only thing stopping me is that the Gravely unit I am also looking at has the ZT3100 hydro units instead of the ZT2800 which the CC has. Not sure that it is as big an issue as I am making it to be since 99% all the residential mowers, and some commercial mowers have the 2800 series hydros. I dont think you can go wrong with the Clipper machine.

noma

Threads
Hi All

I have a country clipper too and we love it my wife does a lot of the mowing with it and she goes right along with it. The joy stick is very nice and easy to use the only thing i don't like on the joy stick is it is very touchy if you get moving the joy stick side ways when you mowing along a building it will hit the building pretty easy. You don't have to move the joy stick much and it turn right away, i think this one is to tight i think there should be a little more free play in it. And there could be some adjustment to i don't know. Other then that we love it to. We have a jazee 48 in cut with a 20 hp extended life series Briggs and Strattion engine. And yes the flip up deck works great to clean out the deck and change the blades and sharpen the blades. I would have to look and see how many hour are on it don't know right of hand. I think the only thing i replaced was the deck blade because when i cleaned out under the deck when i tipped it up to do that and put it back down when i was done i didn't get the belt back on all the pulleys just right and that pulley eat the belt up. When you tip it up to clean you have to take the deck belt off the engine pulley in order to deck flip up. So when you put it down again you just put the deck belt back on. So that one was my fault for eating that belt up we all learn the hard way but you do learn.:licking::licking::licking:

txzrider

Threads
Wow... country clipper fans are just coming out of the woodwork... I just finished posting in scmcg's thread. I have the smaller Jazzee 38 inch deck Clipper. By the way the secret of the joystick is to make small movements. Also holding it lower towards the base of the stick helps cause it makes it easier to make small movements. (by the way the snapper joystick version had a shorter joystick and it seemed easier to control which is why I started reaching lower down on mine) I just added a peco deck mount z-trimmer to mine... now I can edge and weedeat without getting off the mower. At the time I bought mine I had a width limitation which is why I picked the smaller deck. It didn't hurt that I found it used on Craigslist with only 27 hours for $2300. Were I to buy a new larger clipper, I would shoot for something other than the Kohler Courage engine. I keep reading more and more on this site about how bad it is. Mine has the 20hp B&S industrial and it seems to have plenty of power. I would talk about issues I have had... but I have not had any.

noma

Threads
Morning Txzrider

Yes you are right if you hold the joy stick lower you get less movement and it does work better . You got a good buy for $2300 for that mower . You got the same size engine with a smaller deck then i have .:licking::licking:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow... country clipper fans are just coming out of the woodwork... I just finished posting in scmcg's thread. I have the smaller Jazzee 38 inch deck Clipper. By the way the secret of the joystick is to make small movements. Also holding it lower towards the base of the stick helps cause it makes it easier to make small movements. (by the way the snapper joystick version had a shorter joystick and it seemed easier to control which is why I started reaching lower down on mine) I just added a peco deck mount z-trimmer to mine... now I can edge and weedeat without getting off the mower. At the time I bought mine I had a width limitation which is why I picked the smaller deck. It didn't hurt that I found it used on Craigslist with only 27 hours for $2300. Were I to buy a new larger clipper, I would shoot for something other than the Kohler Courage engine. I keep reading more and more on this site about how bad it is. Mine has the 20hp B&S industrial and it seems to have plenty of power. I would talk about issues I have had... but I have not had any.

Txzrider,
It's obvious that the Country Clipper, like a few other brands(like user Old Goat's Big Dog), may not be as well known as some of the other brands but owner comments like yours and user Old Dog & noma's speaks volumes as to the quality.

txzrider

Threads
I am only just now completing my 1st full year, but so far it has exceeded my expectations. I did add a fuel cutoff valve after I fired it up this year and it seemed like the carb let fuel leak into the engine. I always change the oil 1st thing anyway. I looked at almost every brand that had zt's in the 3k to 4k price range, the clipper seemed to be built every bit as well. I really liked the joystick steering since I was already used to it... and the easy to maintain fabricatred deck cinched it. And Like I stated, the only thing I really miss is the pivoting front end my Snapper had and the higher end Clippers have. I also added my deck mounted ztrimmer and it works great.

noma

Threads
Hi scmcg

Thanks for the video i will have to check that out and see about it. Glad you all like your clipper to i think they are great mower with al the great feathers to.:licking::licking::licking::licking: