back pack blower?

bigjay282

Threads
hey guys,im new here and just spent about 4 hours raking piles of pine cones and pine needles. i was at a local lawn and garden shop and was looking at the stihl br550 and 600 magnum back pack blowers. can anyone please tell me if this is the way to go besides using it for just leaves? thanks in advance..

mowerman05

Threads
I have a smaller stihl backpack blower that works great on pinecones not so much on the needles, rakes seem to work best for me. would love to find a easy way to remove pine needles

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
hey guys,im new here and just spent about 4 hours raking piles of pine cones and pine needles. i was at a local lawn and garden shop and was looking at the stihl br550 and 600 magnum back pack blowers. can anyone please tell me if this is the way to go besides using it for just leaves? thanks in advance..

I use the BR 550 for most everything, works great for leaves, clearing sidewalks and drives. It will accomplish most everything you need to have done and it's somewhat cheaper than the 600. Remember when you purchase your blower don't be fooled and buy it according to its MPH. MPH doesn't move debris, air volume does (CFM) Cubic feet per minute, it's the measure of the blowers air movement and performance.

bigjay282

Threads
thanks for the info guys. i just picked up the br 600,cant wait to use it,gotta figure out how to load pics.(is it cool to put up pics of our toys?)

bigjay282

Threads
well folks i finally put my new leaf blower (stihl br 600) to use and that thing is an animal,it pushed leaves,twigs and branches around with ease.i was done rather quick and i found the back pack to be comfortable but a little loud

Threads
well folks i finally put my new leaf blower (stihl br 600) to use and that thing is an animal,it pushed leaves,twigs and branches around with ease.i was done rather quick and i found the back pack to be comfortable but a little loud

I'm glad you like it! We want pictures! :wink:

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a smaller stihl backpack blower that works great on pinecones not so much on the needles, rakes seem to work best for me. would love to find a easy way to remove pine needles

Rake it and bale it. It brings a premium price to use in beds. I have a rake I built from scratch that we mounted on the front of an old Craftsman lawn tractor it is 50" wide. It will push up a pickup load of straw in just a few minutes.

bigjay282

Threads
thanks Fanatic here it goes IMG_1943.jpgIMG_1943.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1929.jpg
    IMG_1929.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1932.jpg
    IMG_1932.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1941.jpg
    IMG_1941.jpg