Ferris transmission

Cyclon

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have two Ferris's both pro cut models 52in and a 61in Model H222Ok ans H222OB. The transmission on the OB is leaking around the shaft that drives the transmission, Ferris does not carry parts for the transmission, and says I have to buy a new transmission at a cost of $2,600.I pulled the bearring and seal and replaced it by the numbers off the old bearring and miked out the seal.The trouble is the top cover on the transmission witch the bearring seats into is a little worn being an Aluminum housing, and the bearring is just a little loose thus I think the shaft spins but wobbles a little causing oil to leak around the shaft does anyone know who makes this transmission and can I by pass ferris to get parts? I do have numbers off the transmission 851-113CW, 060394

gregjo1948

Threads
Can you knurl, prick punch, or shim the aluminum to tighten the bearing? gregjo1948

Cyclon

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was thinking of putting JB weld around the inside of the bearing seat to take up the space, your opinion?

BudTuba

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have two Ferris's both pro cut models 52in and a 61in Model H222Ok ans H222OB. The transmission on the OB is leaking around the shaft that drives the transmission, Ferris does not carry parts for the transmission, and says I have to buy a new transmission at a cost of $2,600.I pulled the bearring and seal and replaced it by the numbers off the old bearring and miked out the seal.The trouble is the top cover on the transmission witch the bearring seats into is a little worn being an Aluminum housing, and the bearring is just a little loose thus I think the shaft spins but wobbles a little causing oil to leak around the shaft does anyone know who makes this transmission and can I by pass ferris to get parts? I do have numbers off the transmission 851-113CW, 060394

The transmission was made by Eaton Industries. I located information about it, but it clearly says the old transmission is no longer available and has to be replaced by a newer model that requires other modifications. Your best bet may be to search Craigslists for used Ferris and examine before buying for operation., I am currently in the process of changing the transmission to one I bought through Craigslist and am HOPING that it will solve the loud moaning sound of worn gears. I paid $200 for the transmission that was changed out for the a problem with the input shaft seizing up periodically and breaking drive belts. I plan to exchange the input shaft and pulley from my old transmission to solve that problem. However, I can say that making this transmission removal and replacement is not an easy operation requires lifting the whole mower up using a chain fall lift and blocking up the frame.

Here is the link to the Eaton information: http://www.gobookee.org/eaton-851-transmission-parts/