5100 diesel

lilguy

Threads
Anyone have experience with one? Was going to get a Kubota but wanted to check these out first.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Anyone have experience with one? Was going to get a Kubota but wanted to check these out first.

Okay ... I'll bite, Who is making this 5100 Diesel of what you speak?....?

I know back in the late 70's Kubota made a B5100....
But from your post wording, I am going to 'Guess' it is Not made by Kubota.... :smile:KennyV

scott47429

Threads
i dont know anything about them but i do know where there is a nice Kubota for sale it has less then 100 hours and is diesel if your interested its in Indiana USED KUBOTA ZERO TURN

lilguy

Threads
Ferris IS5100Z with a Cat diesel.

I have 2 Kubota tractors that have been basically trouble free for 30+ years. I was going to go with their Z300 series diesel but was intrigued by the Ferris suspension and they offer Cat or Yanmar diesels. Was hoping for some input from anyone who has experience with them.

Growin Green

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ferris IS5100Z with a Cat diesel.

I have 2 Kubota tractors that have been basically trouble free for 30+ years. I was going to go with their Z300 series diesel but was intrigued by the Ferris suspension and they offer Cat or Yanmar diesels. Was hoping for some input from anyone who has experience with them.
Did you look into the 5100 any further?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just look at the Ferris IS5100Z... Very nice machine, looks well built & well thought out...
It has tapered roller bearings in the deck spindles by the way. Everything looks well done on this mower.
It is a bit lower in price than the Hustler industrial models, but I don't think it will run any additional attachments.
For 18k to $20k it will be tough to beat... :smile:KennyV

lilguy

Threads
I test road 3 Zturns and ordered a new tractor. The Zturns ride horrible compared to tractors, could not imagine spending years mowing my place on one.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I test road 3 Zturns and ordered a new tractor. The Zturns ride horrible compared to tractors, could not imagine spending years mowing my place on one.

I will guess the Ferris IS5100Z was Not included in your 3 that you tried, That particular Z is the Subject of this particular post. Just curious as to What models you did compare... :smile:KennyV

lilguy

Threads
I will guess the Ferris IS5100Z was Not included in your 3 that you tried, That particular Z is the Subject of this particular post. Just curious as to What models you did compare... :smile:KennyV

Kubota diesel. Ferris I 2000. Gravely with new isolated seat. Anyone would be great on golf courses or under a new immigrant who need the job. But there is a
reason folks around me, who mow their 5 plus acres themselves, don't buy them and its the ride. They are faster, and more maneuverable but UNCOMFORTABLE on long mows.

gregjo1948

Threads
If you're worried about the ride, rent a heavy roller and smooth it down. Consider also, storage space needed, attachments that you might want to add to your purchase, speed at which you can complete your mowing, and fuel cost comparison over 20-30 years that a good machine will last. Tractors and Zs both have their own advantages and the correct purchase is determined by your individual wants and needs. If you buy cheap,you get cheap! gregjo1948