2007 MTD Yard Machines

dwmjr82

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone, google has led me here and I'm hoping someone can help. I have recently acquired my parents 2007 yard machine tractor, unfortunately it has a replacement engine installed that has failed and no one remembers what the mower originally came with as I'd like to just install an actual oem replacement motor. Here is the model number, does anyone know where I can find this info? I'm also fairly certain this "replacement" engine was installed with an incorrect pulley as my parents were instructed to buy a smaller belt by the shop than what it originally called for.
Model number : 13A1762F729

(mtdparts didn't seem to show that information. )

Thanks in advance,
David

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
According to what I have found, your tractor originally came with a Kohler Courage engine. Does it have a decal on the outside saying the HP? Also, here is a website which may help you.

Diagrams

dwmjr82

Forum Newbie
Threads
Unfortunately none of the decals mention hp at all. Thanks for the link I'll try using it when I get home from work.

dwmjr82

Forum Newbie
Threads
Currently this engine is installed but locked up, but I know it's not the original.image.jpg

I was told it bolted up.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why don't you just find a engine you like?

Maybe one with more hp.

You can put on there what ever you would like putting what came on it to start with is not going to make it cut or drive any better or make it worth more.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The pulley does not come with the engine.
But you do need to use the MTD pulley so the pitch will match your other pulleys.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

dwmjr82

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was under the impression that engines have different bolt patterns and shaft sizes? Is it as simple as just buying any motor I want?

Buckshot 1

Threads
:smile: The original engine was a B&S OHV, and some one has installed an B&S kool bore flatty. E-Mail or call MTD and give them your MN and SN and ask them what engine was on the tractor when it came out of the factory. They should have a line/build sheet with this info.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
My MTD dealer site shows the original engine as a Tecumseh OV358EA-206940G which is no longer available since Tecumseh is no more. Any rider engine with the correct crankshaft length and diameter will bolt up to the frame. You may have to make some changes to the electrical, and exhaust.