300 series Z turns

lilguy

Threads
I have 2 30+years old Kubota utility tractors. Trouble free except for a hydraulic pump some years ago. I'm sold on the company and I'm looking at a Z turn mower now. I have 6 acres, with some steep hills so the 4X will still be used. My question pertains to the engines available. There is a 27 hp Kubota gas a/c twin, for about 10k. 3 w/c, 2 diesel and one gas for around 13k. What does anyone know about the Kubota a/c twin and the 3 cyl. gas. I know the diesels are bullet proof but don't know much about the other 2. This would compliment my tractors so don't know if I need the diesels for the extra 3 grand. Back before the Kubotas I would replace air cooled twin engines every 3 years and gave up on them for the diesels. Thanks all.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have 2 30+years old Kubota utility tractors. Trouble free except for a hydraulic pump some years ago. I'm sold on the company and I'm looking at a Z turn mower now. I have 6 acres, with some steep hills so the 4X will still be used. My question pertains to the engines available. There is a 27 hp Kubota gas a/c twin, for about 10k. 3 w/c, 2 diesel and one gas for around 13k. What does anyone know about the Kubota a/c twin and the 3 cyl. gas. I know the diesels are bullet proof but don't know much about the other 2. This would compliment my tractors so don't know if I need the diesels for the extra 3 grand. Back before the Kubotas I would replace air cooled twin engines every 3 years and gave up on them for the diesels. Thanks all.

I am running a ZG 222 with a 42" deck. It is the two cylinder air cooled. It has only about 150 hours on it but has been trouble free as far as the motor goes.

We are looking at purchasing another Kubota as well and I talked to a mechanic this week concerning the water cooled 3 cyl gas engine in the 300 series mowers. He said that this engine was nothing more than the old 3 cyl diesel that they had modified the head on and put plugs in and changed the compression on and added a distributor instead of an injector pump. Looking at the diesel and the gas side by side in the shop that looked to be very true.

I unless we change our mind we are going with the diesel with a 60" deck.

hacksaw830

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2009 ZD326 diesel w/950hrs absolutely 0 problems I cut about 5-7 acres. just change oil, filters, and grease every other cutting. It has a very good ride and uses very little fuel, only problem is you have to get used to the turns as it is easy to mark/dig into the grass, but its the best mower I have ever had.