John Deere riding mower not getting gas!

jwmoore

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ive got an older John Deere GX75. It has sat all winter but ran fine in the fall. So far, I have cleaned and gapped the spark plug, replaced the fuel filter, and cleaned out the carburetor because it wasn't firing. It fires fine on ether, but won't pull gas into the cylinder. I know gas is getting to the carb because I can unplug the gas line outside the carb and gas runs out of it fine. I'm thinking it has something to do with the float inside the carb... Hopefully somebody was able to rescue their own mower with a similar problem.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is fuel getting into the bowl of the carb. If not then there is an obstruction between the fuel connection and the needle valve. If so, then a plugged fuel jet.

blades

Threads
Even though you sprayed out the carb your jets are likely still plugged. You will need to open them up with a very fine piece of wire, the spray by itself will not clear those tine ports. Most likely the main pick up from the carb bowl is the culprit( almost always is) sometimes this located in the bolt/nut that holds the bowl on if that style. If it has a main fuel shutoff solenoid on the bottom of the carb then you will have to look a little harder, hard for me to explain in writing. pick up port is only about the dia. of a small pin, and some pins are too big.

okiepc

Threads
I have a JD GX75 as my main mower & yes, be sure the needle valve & float is not sticking & that the jets are open completely. I have never had a problem with mine but I use a fuel stabilizer over the winter.:thumbsup: