Leaf Blower?

monica123

Threads
Has anyone used one of these? Do they work at all? I saw someone using one of these today and it almost seemed pointless. Thoughts?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Electric powered works so so...
Gas powered can move a lot in a short time... Wear hearing protection they are loud... :smile:KennyV

monica123

Threads
The one I saw this lady using was electric and I think I could have moved the leaves faster out of her driveway on my hands and knees and a straw, lol.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Some of the electric ones leave a LOT to be desired... :smile:KennyV

grnspot110

Threads
Has anyone used one of these? Do they work at all? I saw someone using one of these today and it almost seemed pointless. Thoughts?

Depends on if you're trying to blow against the wind! :biggrin:

Actually, better electrics are fine for small areas close to an outlet, bigger jobs call for gas powered models.

Blowing speed should be shown on the box or literature! ~~ grnspot110

monica123

Threads
We use our leaves as compost for the winter, but if we ever pave our driveway I think it would be useful, but for what this lady was doing I might as well take the shop vac out there and vacuum them up.

L

localedgelawncare

Blowers are a lawn care companies best friend, But I only carry echo back pack blowers on all of my lawn care trucks even a few on all of my landscaping trucks, they dont make your hands and arms as tired plus the way they are designed to push more air so my lawn care crews are able to do clean ups with a breez cause they blow all of the leaves into an area instead of raking the entire property..

monica123

Threads
I can see that it is a good idea, the easier ones to use would be better for people who use these on a very regular basis.

Harriet

Threads
Heard a radio spot about a Toro for $50 rated a best buy by Consumer Reports. I don't know the exact model though. We have lots of pines that drop needles all over our roof, so we are going to get one to keep the roof cleaned up.